At a loss a cupple of questions for you brill people :)

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all. I hope you can help.

Q1. We have had meaty about 3 weeks on sat and his training is going well for his age.
When we got him coco had her bed and he had his own but we were finding coco was getting kicked out of her own bed while he was asleep in it. So we got a identical bed on sat one each. Well last night meaty went an peed on it. !?? Why did he do this ? He had not long been let out so I don't think it was that reason.

Q2. At night they both go in there own crate. From day one meaty would cry maybe 4 times a night to go out. Now he doesn't and is peeing at the other end of the Cage. What do I do there ??

Q3. When should he be able to hold his bladder for at least a hour ??

Thanks all and sorry for all the questions a hope u can all help. :).
ty6anutu.jpg
a2unurez.jpg

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I know Aubie used to pee in her bedding. I think it's like marking the bed as his because Aubie only did this to her dog bed, especially after it was washed. How big is his crate? You may need a divider to make it small (just enough space to turn around) and move it as he grows until he's potty trained. He won't go where he lays but if he can go away from where he has to lay in his crate he's got no reason to hold it. I think the common belief is for every month old, a pup can hold it for an hour plus 1. So, at four months they can hold for 5 hours, etc.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Aw thanks. Yes his cadge is big al have to buy a devider :) xx

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
In addition to what was stated above, my vet told me that the bladder should be fully developed at around 6 months. I had the same issue with Rocco peeing in the cage, only he would smell like he DID lay in it lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Many bullies will pee on their bedding to claim it, it's more common in homes with more than one pet. Especially new and clean ones! You may have to leave bedding out of his crate until he's potty trained. Since he stopped crying to go out, set you alarm for one time in the middle if the night to take him out. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus would constantly pee on his and my other dogs bedding when he was a pup and he was completely potty trained. I had to give up and take up all bedding. I just recently bought him a new bed and he is 11mos old. He has had it about a month now and has not peed on it.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Brutus would constantly pee on his and my other dogs bedding when he was a pup and he was completely potty trained. I had to give up and take up all bedding. I just recently bought him a new bed and he is 11mos old. He has had it about a month now and has not peed on it.

Oh god !! Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online