Odd behavior

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I recently posted about stains Maggie was leaving on my carpet. I decided to treat is as bile and feed her a little more throughout the day. I'm feeding her half a cup early in the morning, a cup around 3 and then another cup at night before bed. It seemed to stop the stains. But two days ago I came home to find poo on the floor. I thought it was weird because she never does this but maybe she just really had to go and I can't be mad about that. Well today I came home to feces and bile on the carpet. She's fed the same time and amount everyday and she doesn't ever do anything like this when I'm home. I can't help but wonder if she's upset that I'm leaving and she's acting out. She doesn't appear to be sick. She's eating drinking urinating and pooping regularly and normally. I'm just not sure what's going on. Need a little peace of mind.

Last edited:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Sorry this is going on! I know its frustrating! How about crating her while you're out? If you think its behavior related maybe being crated will help. I'm not expert if it was me and I thought it was behavior I would start there. Hope it gets better!!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I agree if you think its behavior related I would go with crating while your away, it very well could be she is upset your leaving and this might her way of showing you it makes her nervous when you leave.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If she continues w/this I would take her to the vet w/a stool sample just to be sure it's not a virus or something... at least you could rule that out, and then you know for sure that it's behavioral. My boxer has been throwing up phlegm, but it's allergy related... she has watery eyes and sneezing. I know that allergies can also cause loose stools...

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Definitely agree with the thoughts above. A trip to the vet for peace of mind might be a good idea and then going from there on behavioral issues is probably a second step. I hope you find out what's going on! It's never fun to worry about a pet :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When you started leaving her... Was it sudden or a slow work up to her being alone? Could be anxiety issue.. The stress of being alone, crate or block her in a room she is comfortable in and see if there is any change

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I recently posted about stains Maggie was leaving on my carpet. I decided to treat is as bile and feed her a little more throughout the day. I'm feeding her half a cup early in the morning, a cup around 3 and then another cup at night before bed. It seemed to stop the stains. But two days ago I came home to find poo on the floor. I thought it was weird because she never does this but maybe she just really had to go and I can't be mad about that. Well today I came home to feces and bile on the carpet. She's fed the same time and amount everyday and she doesn't ever do anything like this when I'm home. I can't help but wonder if she's upset that I'm leaving and she's acting out. She doesn't appear to be sick. She's eating drinking urinating and pooping regularly and normally. I'm just not sure what's going on. Need a little peace of mind.

I agree with the others. Crate while you're away. Might work wonders

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online