Dogs fighting- Help!!

Wilfred

Nov 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilfred & Dozer
I have posted before regarding my alpha female Roxie and Tyson a rescue (about 5 years) that we have had for one year now. Lately Tyson seems to growl at Roxie and actually is the one that goes after Roxie. (previously it was Roxie that would randomly attack Tyson) It makes life very stressful - it seems that many of the fights happen when we have company. (embarrassing to have dogs fight every time ) We now have learned to put Roxie in the bedroom when extra people are around and that seems to help. But I really want to get to the bottom of this - we live in a motorhome in the winter with a lot less space than our house and afraid whats going to happen then.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no I'm sorry you're going through this with your babies. I don't have any experience with this, my two are siblings, and are litter mates, so have been together since they were born. Hopefully a member with some experience with fighting will come along soon and be able to give you some suggestions or advice. I hope you find a solution. Good luck. Sending love and hugs. Have you ever tried some training with your dogs? Maybe a trainer could help, or give you suggestions on how to change the behaviour.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have posted before regarding my alpha female Roxie and Tyson a rescue (about 5 years) that we have had for one year now. Lately Tyson seems to growl at Roxie and actually is the one that goes after Roxie. (previously it was Roxie that would randomly attack Tyson) It makes life very stressful - it seems that many of the fights happen when we have company. (embarrassing to have dogs fight every time ) We now have learned to put Roxie in the bedroom when extra people are around and that seems to help. But I really want to get to the bottom of this - we live in a motorhome in the winter with a lot less space than our house and afraid whats going to happen then.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

By any chance is Roxy not feeling well, sick or hurt?

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
How long have they been together?

Do you walk them together at all?

How do you feed them?

Sounds like guests are the stresser in the situation, but there's an underlying cause.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.