Thread: Dogs fighting- Help!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilfred, Roxie & tyson
    Likes (Received)

Default Dogs fighting- Help!!

I have posted before regarding my alpha female Roxie and Tyson a rescue (about 5 years) that we have had for one year now. Lately Tyson seems to growl at Roxie and actually is the one that goes after Roxie. (previously it was Roxie that would randomly attack Tyson) It makes life very stressful - it seems that many of the fights happen when we have company. (embarrassing to have dogs fight every time ) We now have learned to put Roxie in the bedroom when extra people are around and that seems to help. But I really want to get to the bottom of this - we live in a motorhome in the winter with a lot less space than our house and afraid whats going to happen then.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dogs fighting- Help!!

Oh no I'm sorry you're going through this with your babies. I don't have any experience with this, my two are siblings, and are litter mates, so have been together since they were born. Hopefully a member with some experience with fighting will come along soon and be able to give you some suggestions or advice. I hope you find a solution. Good luck. Sending love and hugs. Have you ever tried some training with your dogs? Maybe a trainer could help, or give you suggestions on how to change the behaviour.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I have posted before regarding my alpha female Roxie and Tyson a rescue (about 5 years) that we have had for one year now. Lately Tyson seems to growl at Roxie and actually is the one that goes after Roxie. (previously it was Roxie that would randomly attack Tyson) It makes life very stressful - it seems that many of the fights happen when we have company. (embarrassing to have dogs fight every time ) We now have learned to put Roxie in the bedroom when extra people are around and that seems to help. But I really want to get to the bottom of this - we live in a motorhome in the winter with a lot less space than our house and afraid whats going to happen then.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!
    By any chance is Roxy not feeling well, sick or hurt?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

How long have they been together?

Do you walk them together at all?

How do you feed them?

Sounds like guests are the stresser in the situation, but there's an underlying cause.

Remove Ads