Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Biting is out of control!

Thanks for the advice guys! Yea I feel bad about getting mad at him and hopefully in another 2-3 months we can put this behind us. I'm gonna try a few different things so hopefully it works! I'll keep you posted. But for now....off to the bully bash!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Aside from the normal no, ow, redirect or ignore we used a spray bottle as well with luck but there are times when even that doesn't work. What we have found that works best for us that stops Harlea in her tracks and pulls her attention directly to us is a canned of compressed air like the stuff you use to blow dust out of your keyboard. Pet stores sell the stuff under the as seen on TV brand Oh Noooo. Do not buy it from a pet store. They are charging $10 or more for an itty bitty can. Got to your favorite electronics store or WalMart and get the computer stuff in a larger can for a lot less money and it is the same thing. Just be sure never to spray it directly at your pup as it will cause frostbite.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Aside from the normal no, ow, redirect or ignore we used a spray bottle as well with luck but there are times when even that doesn't work. What we have found that works best for us that stops Harlea in her tracks and pulls her attention directly to us is a canned of compressed air like the stuff you use to blow dust out of your keyboard. Pet stores sell the stuff under the as seen on TV brand Oh Noooo. Do not buy it from a pet store. They are charging $10 or more for an itty bitty can. Got to your favorite electronics store or WalMart and get the computer stuff in a larger can for a lot less money and it is the same thing. Just be sure never to spray it directly at your pup as it will cause frostbite.
    I found out by accident something that may work nearly as well as the compressed air thing. I have a ear syringe bulb by my computer that I use to blow the keyboard to get the dog hair and such out of the keyboard and found out by playing with Ace how quickly it will get his attention. Just a small puff of air from the syringe and he will stop what he is doing and I have his attention. I haven't used it for puppy biting and such as I don't need it now but just with playing with Ace I have noticed it really gets his focus off of whatever he may be doing and to concentrate on that weird contraption that puffs air
    Last edited by Rural mystic; 10-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    Rocco just can't stop biting body parts...hands, feet, arms, etc. I can't even lay down with him because he'll bite my ears or my hands and he doesn't stop. I revert him to his toys and bones and yell no or stop but he just drops them and bites my hands. My arms and hands are covered in cuts and scratches. And it's not just me. He does it to everyone. Friends and family. He does it mostly at home or my parents house. I took him to my aunt's last weekend and he was fine. Idk what to do I figured it was a phase that would pass like teething but it's showing no end. He hurts when he bites and he's just not enjoyable to be around when he gets in these moods. I might add that he's lost quite a few teeth at this point, about ten. Is this normal behavior? Will it stop? Is there something else I could be doing that I'm not? I'm thinking about getting a trainer but I'm at a loss.

-1012131948-jpgI know what you mean. This is what Stinky did to his dad's arm. He still likes to bite but not as bad. I can't even love on him cause he will play bite me. It must be a bully thing.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dana F View Post
    -1012131948-jpgI know what you mean. This is what Stinky did to his dad's arm. He still likes to bite but not as bad. I can't even love on him cause he will play bite me. It must be a bully thing.
    Ouch!!!! That's extreme right there you poor thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

June has started to calm down with the biting THANK GOD! She has been losing teeth and just since yesterday has lost both canine teeth on the top and has already stopped biting as much. She still tries to go for the hands at time while we play with toys but it has gotten significantly better. For awhile I couldn't even be on the floor playing without her attacking me!

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Orts View Post
    June has started to calm down with the biting THANK GOD! She has been losing teeth and just since yesterday has lost both canine teeth on the top and has already stopped biting as much. She still tries to go for the hands at time while we play with toys but it has gotten significantly better. For awhile I couldn't even be on the floor playing without her attacking me!

How old is June?

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    How old is June?

She's a little over 4 months (birthday is June 6)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads