Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww Im sorry! We didnt have to deal with the crying at night. But we did pin her up in the bathroom with a baby gate the first two weeks. She had a bed and some toys and I guess that helped with her crate transition. We did try the crate at first but the one we had was too big and she got her head stuck in the side of it. So I couldnt risk that again! Hopefully things get better with your baby!

OP
N

nikegirl44

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Thanks for all your responses. We basically know what we have to do, but it is a lot better hearing it from all of you!

Last night we just fought through it and let her cry. It seemed like it was all night long, because I feel I got NO sleep! Lol. And when we take her potty every 2 hours she just is so happy to see us, she gets super excited and starts running around like a crazy puppy and plays. So we have to wait it out until she finally does her business usually about 10-20 min later. Then back in the crate and back to the whining and crying and barking.

You guys are right, it will get easier as time goes by. We never thought we would make it through Tubby's puppy months but we conquered! Lol :)

I did just order some Bach rescue remedy though to try it at night time and see if that helps her desperation anxiety. Has anyone tried this, and if so did it help?

Thanks again for all your responses. Sometimes I think the reassuring and encouragement makes all the difference! You guys truly rock!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thanks for all your responses. We basically know what we have to do, but it is a lot better hearing it from all of you!

Last night we just fought through it and let her cry. It seemed like it was all night long, because I feel I got NO sleep! Lol. And when we take her potty every 2 hours she just is so happy to see us, she gets super excited and starts running around like a crazy puppy and plays. So we have to wait it out until she finally does her business usually about 10-20 min later. Then back in the crate and back to the whining and crying and barking.

You guys are right, it will get easier as time goes by. We never thought we would make it through Tubby's puppy months but we conquered! Lol :)

I did just order some Bach rescue remedy though to try it at night time and see if that helps her desperation anxiety. Has anyone tried this, and if so did it help?

Thanks again for all your responses. Sometimes I think the reassuring and encouragement makes all the difference! You guys truly rock!!

These guys are AWESOME here! I couldn't have gotten Sheldon as healthy as he is now without them!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

OP
N

nikegirl44

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Guess what?? So I decided to put a blanket in the crate for her to lay on, even though we had a nightmare with Tubby peeing and pooping on every towel or blanket that we put in his crate when he was little lol! Ok back to Poppy, put a blanket in there, a nice and cozy one. Put her in there and covered the crate, went to the bedroom and waited for the unrelenting whining and barking to start. And 20 min later, not a peep from her! I was even worried that I went to check on her, she didn't even look at me, she just rolled over on her side and went back to sleep all comfy!!

Looks like we will be getting some sleep tonight!! Thanks again for the help, good night all!;)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Guess what?? So I decided to put a blanket in the crate for her to lay on, even though we had a nightmare with Tubby peeing and pooping on every towel or blanket that we put in his crate when he was little lol! Ok back to Poppy, put a blanket in there, a nice and cozy one. Put her in there and covered the crate, went to the bedroom and waited for the unrelenting whining and barking to start. And 20 min later, not a peep from her! I was even worried that I went to check on her, she didn't even look at me, she just rolled over on her side and went back to sleep all comfy!!

Looks like we will be getting some sleep tonight!! Thanks again for the help, good night all!;)

*Clapping* YaY Poppy!!! Wonderful news!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Your first mistake was letting her out of the crate and putting her in bed with you. Let her cry..she will get use to it. When your at home put her in the crate for a few mins . I would tell Stinky to "kennel up" and put a treat in the crate and shut the door. At night I use a cover over half the crate and put a night light by it, so he can see me and me him. He is 10 months old and we still use the night light...hehe

RoxysMomma

Jul 25, 2013
maine
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy lowery, Stella Lowery
I ment put a towel over the front... But if the crate is only big enough for them to move front to back they shouldn't poo or pee where they have to lay no matter how long they are in there... Mine never have and poor Stella came from some where, where they just left her in a house for days to do her business where ever she wanted. And she was fine no accidents.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You have already gotten a lot of great advice. You just have to be patient and persistent, until she gets used to being in the crate. We were lucky when we brought our two guys home, because the breeder had already crate trained them in their home, so they were used to it. Also they are siblings and litter mates, so we had a double crate and they were together, so maybe that helped? When they got older and bigger, we put them in their own crates, because Blossom has way more energy and is full of beans, so is is always in play mode, and won't let Dozer sleep. Dozer is very laid back, dare I say lazy, that's why we call him Dozey sometimes. Lol. He just wants to sleep. Good luck. Maybe you could try putting one of your shirts in the crate with her, so she would have your scent.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online