Not likening new pup at all.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all as you probs have read we have a bully coco and she's 2 in feb. We got a new pup yesterday another bully well against what everyone thought coco didn't like him at all in fact went to attack him... :(. So last night we got them to a point were they could walk beside each other sort of play but have to keep a VERY close eye on them ... A just need help trying to understand a few things. Coco will try and push him under her as of she's standing over him all the time. She also follows him and sort of pushes him while doing so. She's talking all of his toys but doesn't want them for her self. When he was asleep last night she was putting her paw on him trying to wake him a think. Any ideas what she's doing and were a go from here ?? Xx
6uzu8yre.jpg
e4u5unag.jpg

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Coco will adjust and realize you are the alpha and not her! Be patient as they will soon become inseparable!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I hope so she's trying really hard at pudding him out when she is going for him do u recommend she gets sent to her bed or not ?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It will take time. When she stands over him, tell her NO, and make her move, this will show her it's not acceptable behavior. Before you know it they will be best buds and playing. Just watch them for awhile. Oh, plus he is a cute little bugger. :)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I think she'll come around:) she's used to being the only one just like Boeboe was when we got Bennie. It took a while for her to accept someone else in her space and sharing the attention.

Here is a link to when my Joey met a puppy for the first time, she's a bit rough but ears are back which means play. She will correct the puppy sometimes if it annoys her but that is only natural. She's not hurting the pup, she's simply parenting him:) If Coco has her ears forward it's dominance though and that can be a bit of a problem if not corrected.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151912087958447&set=vb.607848446&type=2&theater

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks guys like a day since last night the improvement is massive. A think it will just take time. Lovely doggys on the video :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What an adorable little boy Meaty is!!! :luv: When you introduced Them was it in or out of the home?

either way at this point, take them for short walks together to get them to understand they are a pack.... Also as David stated.. Correct her with a firm no and give a slight push to tell her it is unacceptable.... It will take some time but they will fall into place and be best buds .

Last edited:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I only have one dog, so no help here, but I just had to say how adorable your new baby is!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks everyone. She does seem a bit better today so that's good xx

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have two as well, but mine are siblings and litter mates, so they have been together since birth, so I do t have any experience introducing a new pup. I just wanted to say congratulations, and he is super cute, and I'm sure with time they will be best friends. What did you name him?

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Is it goo that she licks his manhood lol she lets him lick her too :/. Do I stop them ?? X

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I personally don't mind if they lick or smell one another that's typical and normal behavior. They are getting to "know" one another. The older dog standing over the pup as you described is an expression of dominance and I agree with davidh that you should break it up. You are to be the dominate one and the leader and they should both be subordinate to you. But the show of dominance is quite normal and can be expected but you should break it up and not let it escalate. Now if the lick and continue to lick and push while smelling when the other dog doesn't want anymore then I would break that up too. As long as both dogs don't mind and its not harassing the other dog then I think it normal and wouldn't worry about it

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks. Yes all day today av stopped her doing it xx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww I'm sure they both will become best buds soon... they sure are cute together!!! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online