No longer potty trained???

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi everyone, I have not been on the forum for a couple of years because of serious health problems....but I need help! Lola will be six years old in January, she is spayed, we feed her Fromm dry dog food. For the last six months (just a guess) she has been peeing all over the house. If there is a blanket she will pee on that, if there isn't she goes on the carpet. She has even decided to pee on her bedding in her crate. She just went to the vet and there are no health issues. I am not working because of the health issues so her and I spend a lot of time outside, she gets a lot of attention, good quality food, etc. My husband was just laying in bed and she walked to the end of the bed and pooped. Didn't go to the door, whine or anything. I am at a loss as to what is going on. She doesn't get "punished" when she does this, and when she goes outside we make a big deal out of praising her, just like we were potty training. Please help! :confused: ~M

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would say a UTI for the peeing all over the house, but that wouldn't explain the poop. And the vet already checked her out?!! I don't know unless it's her age... Or some changes in the home?!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW, being 6 years old, she definitely knows better. Some do act out as they get older, but nothing like this. I'm at a loss of why she would be doing this. The peeing could be marking, as I have an older female that will pee on bedding every once in a while, but not all the time. Has anything changed in her life recently? That's the only thing I can think of.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Look into incontinence. If you don't think its a behavioral thing and she is doing it involuntarily its worth checking out

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very puzzling indeed, not being nosy but she could be reacting to stress
in your household, NOT saying there is, I have serious diseases that caused
huge strife in my life as well as for my Hubby & Son. If she is closest to you,
worry for you could cause her to regress. Bullies are so incredibly sensitive.
Also, your Vet could be missing something, it happens. Maybe you should get
a second opinion from a trusted Bully Vet.

Will keep all of you in prayer and I sure hope your health issues got resolved.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm also thinking your health issue may have her stressed , but I think Tubbysmom has a thought with the incontinence ..... Did the vet check for that?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.