Potty Time

Bunny

Sep 25, 2013
Nebraska
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My Bella (5 mo old)doesn't let me know when she has to go to the restroom. She rarely barks which seems like a good thing but she never whimpers/whines for food or to go potty or anything. We have pee pads where she usually goes and I live on the 2nd floor, could it be that she's too comfortable/ lazy? Shouldn't she whine for food when it's time for her to eat though? I just don't know how to communicate with her, I'll ask her what she wants with keywords like "potty" or "outside" but she just looks at me. Is it just her personality?:confused:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You just have to keep repeating it over and over again to get it through to her want you want her to do. She's still a baby too, don't worry she'll catch on eventually.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
She'll get it. Dudley will be 3 in December and he never whines or cries to be fed...now...for treats...he's a whiney, crying mess! She's only 5 months...hang in there and stick with it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My Frenchie is the exact same way... he is 2 yrs old and NEVER tells us he has to go, so we had to develop a schedule with him.

As soon as he wakes up -- out
15 - 20 mins after eating -- out
60 - 90 mins after eating until bed time -- out
when we are home all day -- we take him out about every two hours

he is a STINKER.... never barks, whines, nothing... will just stop and go.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.