Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:girlwacko:Okay, so I'm confused, or maybe Blossom is?? lol. Blossom started humping her brother a couple of days ago, and tonight she kept mounting him, and trying to hump him all evening. I didn't know females humped, I thought only male dogs did this behaviour. Dozer does not do this, and never has, and Blossom has just started this. They are both 19 months old, and are spayed and neutered. Why would she start doing this now?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My two hump each other ,sometimes it is dominance thing ,but most of the time it is out of excitement ;-)
Shy is spayed Lily is not. Shy would hump my foster dogs after she got super exited too ;-)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley is an "only" dog...so I can't help!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
My parents have a 12 year old spayed female Chihuahua who humps as well. It is the weirdest thing but she humps my legs everytime I go there lol. I wasn't aware females did that either before her

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea just started doing this but only does it with her stuffed puppy or her pillow.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have two males and in our house it's pure dominance thing, and yes, lady's do it too;)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My girls do that as well. Usually when they have been wound up playing. Sometimes it's dominant behavior, sometimes just too much excitement! I had a Pom years ago(female) who only humped one of her toys, a stuffed penguin! Never the other dogs.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah, they were in the living room, and playing pretty hard, for a while, and she kept humping him, she has definitely been the dominate one over Dozer since day one. He's just much more chillaxed and laid back than his sister, so he pretty much lets her do anything, and he doesn't care. She takes all his toys, and would take his food, but I don't let her, I usually feed her first, because she would go frantic if she would have to wait for Dozer to eat first, and she inhales her food, so usually finishes really fast, whereas Dozer eats really slow because of his jaw defect, and his teeth upper and lower don't meet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.