Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Exactly!

He taught me how to teach him.

The key?

*FOOD* and a happy loving tone.

Treats when he went on the grass.

And I noticed, when he used to go every hour in the house, he would hear a very stern "Bad dog!" from me. He sensed my tone. The negativity. And this only made his success rate worse.

For some reason when there's negativity in the air, he seemed to lose hope in himself. He got discouraged with himself. And he'd give up trying. I realized that when I loved him and kissed him and gave him reassurances when he made a mess .... he would start seeking out the potty outside. He'd feel better about himself. And about things in general. And he'd try harder.

They are such sensitive dogs. The best thing about them.

Just one of the many many many things I love about this breed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
That is exactly how I trained Vegas, FOOD! only way back 4 years ago, before this site, I used Pupparoni treats, LOL, :ashamed: No wonder I found this site by searching why my bulldog stunk so bad!! :laugh:

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

One other thing I wanted to mention.

The mental torment (lol...) of weeks of cleaning up literally 10-15 messes a day.... actually developed another super power in *me*.

I can now tell when Baxter has to go potty, simply by his body language. And I don't mean the obvious dog/potty body language.

I mean we can be rolling around on my bed playing, sleeping, or cuddling ... and he will simply .... do something with his head, and I know its potty time.

He usually just suddenly stops and looks at me ... haha ... or if he's on the couch or my bed, he will walk to the edge and sit there.

I became so paranoid he was going to pee on everything that I seem to have developed this 6th sense for being alert to the slightest change in his demeanor.

Like I said, he trained me!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Teach him to bark etc it will make it easier especially if you are in another room and your dog had to go potty

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
And I noticed, when he used to go every hour in the house, he would hear a very stern "Bad dog!" from me. He sensed my tone. The negativity. And this only made his success rate worse.

For some reason when there's negativity in the air, he seemed to lose hope in himself. He got discouraged with himself. And he'd give up trying. I realized that when I loved him and kissed him and gave him reassurances when he made a mess .... he would start seeking out the potty outside. He'd feel better about himself. And about things in general. And he'd try harder.

They are such sensitive dogs. The best thing about them.
Great point I noticed that with Loki as well it almost seems better to ignore it then get up set these bullies are very strange. I am happy that Baxter finally caught on!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Great point I noticed that with Loki as well it almost seems better to ignore it then get up set these bullies are very strange. I am happy that Baxter finally caught on!

When Sheldon was a puppy during training I noticed he reacted better to positive reinforcement he loves hearing he is a good boy!

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

yoder

Jul 14, 2013
Edinboro, Pa
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
That's great news. Paisley is starting to do better. Still keeping the carpet shampooer handy though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.