Mouthing

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
When Maggie and I play she mouths a lot. Which is completely fine with me. She NEVER bites down. She will lick attack before she bites. But for some reason she loves to go for my face. Like I said she never bites but having four huge bull dog teeth coming at your face even just to mouth can be unpleasant. I've gotten a few scrapes from some face attacks. She's not being aggressive. I was just curious if its a bully thing or if its just her. She does it almost instinctively.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's a bully thing, BeBe used to like to head butt you.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley would do the head butting thing when he was a puppy. He broke my boyfriend's glasses and chipped one of his teeth on separate occasions.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon does it and has brought tears to my eyes accidently butting my nose of course he is instantly contrite

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes most of mine do this too, I don't mind as long as they don't bite down! Khloe and Molly prefer to lick me to death. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep... both of mine pups do this as well and they do it to each other... just seems to be how they play

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Maggie sneak attacks. You think she's done and worn out and you get close to love on her then she strikes! She's a stinker!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas does this too, I have had 3 busted lips from his big brick head over the years, my son (that is an adult) got a busted nose. Vegas likes to mouth my hands when we are playing.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco does it as well, he makes you think he is just licking then he goes for the nibble! He gets my chin and ears the most. Never broke skin. He only does that to my hands, arms, feet, and ankles lol. He did just lose his first baby tooth so I'm hoping this teething thing ends sooner than later!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm not sure it is a teething thing as much as a bully thing. Brutus loved to lunge at us. Like everyone else has said it is not aggressive, but he doesn't realize how hard his bulldog head is. He also "pretends" to lick my sons head and ears and goes in for the kill!! My son falls for it every time. We have trained him not to lunge. We understood that he was playing, but it is scary for someone outside of the family to experience.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm not sure it is a teething thing as much as a bully thing. Brutus loved to lunge at us. Like everyone else has said it is not aggressive, but he doesn't realize how hard his bulldog head is. He also "pretends" to lick my sons head and ears and goes in for the kill!! My son falls for it every time. We have trained him not to lunge. We understood that he was playing, but it is scary for someone outside of the family to experience.

This is very true as well as running full tilt at us we are use to this type of play but people outside of us don't understand and view it as aggression. He runs full speed at us and then at the last second jumps with his front paws because he knows we catch him kinda like a kid jumping into their parents arms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online