Harness

Wrightea13

Sep 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson
Hi All - looking for recommendations on what brand/type of harness to buy? I have a 4 month old puppy who will be getting very big very quickly & needs some more assistance on our walks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: And Welcome! You DO know pics are required! :ROFL:

when Jake was young..I loved the Big Dog Gooby Harness..has a built in handle on top for extra control.. My favorite is just a hemp harness from Petco..it's soft for him and just fits perfect!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Training is the answer!Our six month old is getting to be a hand full. We bought an Easy Walk harness that clips in the front that help a little but she still pulls terribly. We really need to get her into classes. One thing that seems to help is the Kong Leash. We bought one Saturday and it makes a different. How it differs from other leashes is that it has an additional hand loop close to the snap end. The dog cant get the leverage when you are holding it there that it does when it has the total length of the leash to pull. The hand loop is also padded.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Training is the answer!Our six month old is getting to be a hand full. We bought an Easy Walk harness that clips in the front that help a little but she still pulls terribly. We really need to get her into classes. One thing that seems to help is the Kong Leash. We bought one Saturday and it makes a different. How it differs from other leashes is that it has an additional hand loop close to the snap end. The dog cant get the leverage when you are holding it there that it does when it has the total length of the leash to pull. The hand loop is also padded.

I like that!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

tekstrand24

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Our trainer said to start with the easy walk harness that clips in the front. That way they learn not to pull. Trust me as they get bigger they really can pull.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)

I second the Easy Walk harness! It really helps teaching not to pull!

Regular harnesses tend to turn your bully into a sled dog - all their strength is in their chest and legs, and you will just be attached to the back and along for the ride! The Easy Walk not only tightens up when they pull, but turns them around to face you.

Tilly stopped pulling within days of using it, but we also had her in strict training, so that obviously helped, too!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I too love the Easy walk harness and we used it on my frenchton who use to be a big puller. And it worked great However we only got three uses of it. The clip on the side falls right under/next to the armpit area. While most dogs don't have a bit of hanging skin there, our Sully did and one time my husband pinched him with the clip while trying to put the harness on him. Thinking my husband did it quickly I didn't take much mind to it until I pinched him with the clip. Now if he even hears the sound of two plastics pieces rubbing together he flips out.

I don't think I will get it for my EB but it does work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
The Easy Walk harness was a Godsend for us and one of our bullmastiffs. We now have the opposite problem-- a girl who has to be pulled to walk on a leash!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 74

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
So i'm guessing easy walk is the best way to go! I'm not comfortable with a choke/pinch collar so want to avoid that! Ollie is not a puller untill......a frog from nowhere/ a squirrel that torments/ a leaf blows in the wind/ trash day when the trash can is by the road!!! Those time's i'm pretty well along for the ride!! I not petite either but he pulls the crap outta me!!! I know we used a gentle leader before on a bloodhound that we were helping a friend with for awhile, but I was thinking that went around the muzzle, That won't work of course! I will be making a trip to petsmart tomorrow as we just had a incident with a frog from nowhere, and with my back messed up already I can't take that instant jerking pulling!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online