Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another bed-wetter

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: Another bed-wetter

I just wanted to interject something that may be of use.

One time when Baxter was sleeping on my lap, and got into "REM" sleep (i assume as he was both running, barking, and doing all kinds of puppy motions in his sleep), he began to dribble out his wee wee onto my lap.

I didnt realize what was going on for awhile, but noticed he seemed very warm.

By the time I caught it, my entire lap was covered in urine.

This taught me that at least for Baxter, some of these "bed wetting" incidents are not intentional at all. And have nothing to do with existing scent.

He simply wets his bed sometimes. And is not to blame.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Interesting! I don't think Castor is peeing intentionally, so that is probably what he is doing too. Nonetheless, we'll try some powerful cleaner to see if that helps.

I think he knows I posted my question here, because last night he slept for seven hours without an accident!

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Bed-wetting update: I think it may have been the draught; since we closed the window there have been no accidents at all. Thanks for telling us about your experience, Dalmatina38! I have now also washed his blankets with a better detergent so hopefully the combination of super clean bedding and no draught will keep him dry!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Brutus would pee on ANY bed he could right from the first day we brought him home. It didn't not matter if it is his, my other two dogs, if it was in his crate, out of it, it didn't not matter. You may very well have a bully that likes to pee on his bedding. Maybe marking his territory? Regrettfully for my other dogs it means no beds because if Brutus wasn't peeing on them he is now eating them like it is his worst enemy in the world. I might add that Brutus has been completely house broken since he was 11wks old. No inside accidents. It was just a bed thing.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Brutus would pee on ANY bed he could right from the first day we brought him home. It didn't not matter if it is his, my other two dogs, if it was in his crate, out of it, it didn't not matter. You may very well have a bully that likes to pee on his bedding. Maybe marking his territory? Regrettfully for my other dogs it means no beds because if Brutus wasn't peeing on them he is now eating them like it is his worst enemy in the world. I might add that Brutus has been completely house broken since he was 11wks old. No inside accidents. It was just a bed thing.
    We haven't interpreted it as territorial marking as we think Castor has been asleep when peeing, - he has got out of his bed as soon as he has noticed. If he starts to mark his territory, though, I suppose we will have to consider some other cause of action!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Brutus was definetly letting the other dogs know who the king was! But if Castor is sleeping then you are right he isnt marking. He is probably just in a really deep sleep, and like you previously said maybe just caught a chill!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads