Irregularity or a diva?

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I switched Maggie's food recently because her old food was giving her very loose stool all the time. Ever since we changed to blue wilderness salmon everything's been awesome. She has even been eating two smaller meals a day instead of one big meal. She loves the food and her stool has been ideal! (Is it sad that a good pile of poop makes me excited??)

Well Maggie has her good days and bad days. Some days she will poop two to three times a day (she was only going once a day with the old food) and some days it's like she's terrified to poop. She will pee right outside the door and fight me for a good 30 min to go back inside without pooping. Today she hasn't pooped once. Which I know she has to.

Is she being a diva, a scaredy cat, or what?

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I switched Maggie's food recently because her old food was giving her very loose stool all the time. Ever since we changed to blue wilderness salmon everything's been awesome. She has even been eating two smaller meals a day instead of one big meal. She loves the food and her stool has been ideal! (Is it sad that a good pile of poop makes me excited??)

Well Maggie has her good days and bad days. Some days she will poop two to three times a day (she was only going once a day with the old food) and some days it's like she's terrified to poop. She will pee right outside the door and fight me for a good 30 min to go back inside without pooping. Today she hasn't pooped once. Which I know she has to.

Is she being a diva, a scaredy cat, or what?

Humm you can try taking her for a short walk. That usually will work the poop out. Dont think it is normal for a dog to not poop for a full day. Could she be constipated? If so give her a tablespoon of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
has it been real hot there, it was 98 degrees here yesterday near chicago and harley didn't poop outside till 4pm..he usually goes at 8am everyday. the pumpkin puree is a great idea!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, the pumpkin wil help. But, is she getting enough water, may be add a little water to her food to help too or give ice cubes throughout the day

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
As far as I can tell she's still eating and drinking the same as usual. It's been hot here for a long time so it's not really anything new.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Isn't it funny how we become CSI poop agents. Lol. Glad she feeling better and back to herself.:poo:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.