Bed wetting

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
So poor porky is locked out of our room now when we r not home due to bed wetting :( some may remember when she was 6 months old she had major surgery on her girls bits, had her vulva moved back 6 inches to where it was supposed to be n with it all her internal parts were moved n stretched!!! Well the vet said she may have accidents due to loosening of muscles n ligaments :( she's had a few here n there but it's mostly when we aren't home n she's sleeping on our bed (it's comfy ya know so she goes into her deep twitchy sleep lol) so no more bed for ms thang!!! I know they r accidents bcuz she is usually covered in urine as well n needs a bath after!!! Anyone else have a bed wetting bully????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you thought about using a diaper when not at home or at night?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh poor porky. Maybe they can lift the bladder or something like they do in humans? I hope she doesn't get upset when she has her accidents. The diaper sounds like a good idea if they medically can't do anything.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
She does get very upset but I usually wash her bottom well then snuggle with her just so she knows she's not in trouble!! Her vet doesn't want to do another surgery unless it becomes a huge problem. Right now it happens maybe once every other month or so not a big deal really!! We did try diapers right after her surgery bcuz she basically had to relearn to potty (took a whole day lol she's a smart girl) but she completely shredded it n ate some of it 😳

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Put her in her crate when you are not home and at night when she is sleeping. Go to breeders pads on the Internet and order some of the cotton puppy pads and use them in the crate. They are washable and we use them for our puppies as they are potty training.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Diapers or puppy pads are the only things I can think of. Loki peed on our bed once we think it was marking he has never done it since but he also doesn't have access to our room alone either.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
She's a spoiled brat David she doesn't have a crate :( when we first got her n trained her we didn't have room for one n my mom wouldn't have ever left her in it anyways lol!! I wish I had videoed her with her puppy pads!!! I was very anal about training her n every 2 hrs on the nose I was up taking her outside from the second night we had her until she was 100% house broke!!! When she stopped using the pads she would pick them up carry them with her n sleep on them lol even tho she had blankets galore!!!! Knock on wood it has actually been about 2 months since she's had a bed wetting incident I was just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of a bully doing this or if it was a result of her surgery 😣

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
When Mack is over tired sometimes he pees in his sleep. Its happened a few times on the couch and a few times in our bed. *cursing* but for the most part its isolated and not on purpose bc he too gets it all iver himself. So he gets a bath and we ground him from the bed for a while, and he isnt supposed to be on the new couches anyways...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
When Mack is over tired sometimes he pees in his sleep. Its happened a few times on the couch and a few times in our bed. *cursing* but for the most part its isolated and not on purpose bc he too gets it all iver himself. So he gets a bath and we ground him from the bed for a while, and he isnt supposed to be on the new couches anyways...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

See I try grounding her from the bed but by the time I wake up she's back on it lol roger can't sleep without her snoring now :D she did good today I was in a hurry and forgot the baby gate at the top of the stairs and when roger got home she was curled up with our pillows lol no wet spots (I stripped the bed just to be sure tho lol)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My boxer that we adopted at the age of 6-7 that was used as a breeding machine then chuck out ,had a problem with pee -for 6,5 years (untill she pass away from cancer) we changed her bed 3-5 times a day , vet prescribed her some meds to stop her bed accidents (sorry i cant remember the name but i try to check if my vet still got Suzi's records) but those meds stopped her drinking water -she only drank tiny amount -so i thought it was unsafe and decided that i will manage cleaning after her -with newborn ,disabled hubby i managed,i never forget the look on her face (embarrassment) , she just couldn't feel when
she peed
Regular baths ,wiping bottoms, spare bedding and steam cleaning mop where my best friends
Im not saying your girl end up like my boxer girl , i hope she improve xxxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online