Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips on biting and stopping aggression?

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tips on biting and stopping aggression?

I didn't know that Stinky had so many twins..lol I have been going though the same thing with Stinky. He makes me so mad. I can't even "love on him". He will go after my face every time. At times he even scares me. I just started to put him in his crate for a time out and tell him that he has been a bad dog. If I try and take something from his mouth he will go after my hand. I tell him to drop it but that doesn't help. If he see's me coming he will sallow it. He has been a biter since he was a puppy.His daddy and his friends always thought it was cute when he would growl and try and bite their hands...but now that he is bigger its not so cute. And am left with trying to train him. I really don't want to take him to a trainer for his biting. The water bottle and can don't work. He thinks its something to play with. I try and let him run outside but its has been a hot summer here. Lately I have been taking him for a long walk and letting him play outside for a few..now thats its cooler outside. It seems it help a little bit. I don't want it to get worst. What should we do?

Real Name
    Hector Hernandez
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ozzy
    Likes (Received)

a timeout seems to work for us when he bites things. I got him to stop biting me by sticking my finger in his mouth, i read that somewhere but dont know if its the right thing to do. It still worked because he hasnt bitten me in a long time.

here he is in timeout.....he looks so cute its hard to give him timeout sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ozzypic-jpg  

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Sounds exactly like Daisy! I deal with this quite often! Same thing with the yelping,pennies and the submission thing. I have a hard time doing the training thing when she gets like that too. To me I think its playing. Its not nice playing... So I started getting her tugowar toys out and just getting down in the floor and playing and it seems to help. We really like the tire on a rope tuggy. Good luch! I know its hell. But Shes slowly coming out of this phase!

Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Oh ya! And time outs do not work for us. But I still do them. Because above everything else she loves to be with us.. So Im hoping that will click one day!

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    Ok this will sound really bad but keep in mind I did it without thinking because he bit me so hard. I bit him back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    the first doggie behavior class i took Forde to he was around 10 weeks old......it was given at one of the community centers here and by two older ladies......Forde was bad about nipping , i was told that he wasnt taught well by his mom (lol) first thing he did was nip at one of the older ladies teaching when she was admiring him , she immediately grabbed him up and bite him on the ear , Forde yelped, she put him down with that he turned and looked at her and was a changed puppy , BUT only for her lol......each time he would get around her after that he would be so well behaved....but absolutely NO change with me , she told me i was way too sweet and easy with him.......it was the funniest thing to watch how he reacted to her when she did that !

Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ozzybabyboy View Post
    a timeout seems to work for us when he bites things. I got him to stop biting me by sticking my finger in his mouth, i read that somewhere but dont know if its the right thing to do. It still worked because he hasnt bitten me in a long time.

here he is in timeout.....he looks so cute its hard to give him timeout sometimes.
    Ozzy is so cute!!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FORDE'SMOM View Post
    the first doggie behavior class i took Forde to he was around 10 weeks old......it was given at one of the community centers here and by two older ladies......Forde was bad about nipping , i was told that he wasnt taught well by his mom (lol) first thing he did was nip at one of the older ladies teaching when she was admiring him , she immediately grabbed him up and bite him on the ear , Forde yelped, she put him down with that he turned and looked at her and was a changed puppy , BUT only for her lol......each time he would get around her after that he would be so well behaved....but absolutely NO change with me , she told me i was way too sweet and easy with him.......it was the funniest thing to watch how he reacted to her when she did that !
    It sounds crazy but it works I think its because its what their fur Mommies do to them when they bite her too hard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gretchen
    Likes (Received)

When I got my girl she was so aggressive she would bite for blood. Even a trainer didn't help. We got a cheap training collar from amazon and we used that when needed. She soon learned if mom picked up the remote she better be good. Try that. It's inexpensive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads