Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Biting and Agression

@AJnSJ - I can relate or at least my bulldogs can relate my 3 are great at holding the floor down or the sofa down they prefer to lay on my lap or next to me and sleep all day long, that whole play thing doesn't make their priority list
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    AJ
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ozzy
    Likes (Received)

So Ozzy had his professional evaluation today with the bulldog trainer. Here's a clip

http://instagram.com/p/eLKnrNNtu5/

He's been diagnosed with possession aggression lol

AJ

AJ

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AJnSJ View Post
    So Ozzy had his professional evaluation today with the bulldog trainer. Here's a clip

http://instagram.com/p/eLKnrNNtu5/

He's been diagnosed with possession aggression lol

AJ
    Oh my goodness... I was cracking up when the trainer literally picked him up!!! LOL Hopefully he will be able to get him back on track... Keep us posted!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    AJ
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ozzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Oh my goodness... I was cracking up when the trainer literally picked him up!!! LOL Hopefully he will be able to get him back on track... Keep us posted!!!
    LOL that video was only a short part of it. He had Ozzy chasing him around and at the end Ozzy WAS dropping the monkey and obeying. So I'm very hopeful that this can all be worked out. This fat dog even ran up and down the agility props and across this swinging bridge they had set up that he said most dogs won't do. I was very proud of him today.

AJ

AJ

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=bulldogs4me;398189]From a training stand point my best advice is this .... Start making him wear a leash in the house, when the leash is on you have more control, if he starts to charge give a sharp "ATAT" sound (sound aversion is a great training tool) and a firm tug to the side with the leash, this will break his focus on charging toward someone or something, do command training, sit, stay or watch me so you have complete focus on you. You have to be 100% consistent, if he starts to charge give the same correction each and every time so he understands that he gets corrected each time he does that and it will sink in that it won't be tolerated at anytime. Also you have to claim the toys, claim the space and anything he thinks belongs to "him" body blocking in this area works well, if he is claiming the space I would first take a deep breath get your energy into calm assertive mode then walk toward him making him back up and release his hold on the spot and/or toy starting at ground zero is in order, he needs to know you "own" everything and he only gets to play with it (for toys) or lay on it (for spaces) when you allow it, once you have become the Alpha in his eyes he will look to you for instruction. So in conclusion, start at the beginning, claim your home and everything in it, set firm Rules, Boundaries & Limitations, once he knows what is expected of him he will feel more comfortable and won't try to be "in charge" he is assuming the Alpha role in the home because it sounds like no one else has, they need that Pack Leader to follow or they will assume the role even if it isn't what they want, every pack has to have a leader, and be 100% Consistent in all training, Once you have set the rules, boundaries & limitations with 100% consistency Ozzy will become balanced and that will make him feel more calm and confident.

Keep us posted on how things go [/QUOTE

Excellent advice for all, Leesa...thank you!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

AJ, I gotta tell you...I LOVE Ozzy, he's incredibly handsome, full of personality
    and so photogenic.

Make a model outta him...useful! Maybe the trainer could make a training video
    using him, I watched that short video 6 times.

The only 2 EBs I've had were rehomes, one male & one female, Cami, here 5 months
    has finally, really accepted me as Mom. They don't earn those reputations for awesome
    stubbornness for nothing. Cami could care less about toys, walks or being aggressive in
    any way. She was determined to potty in the house, on the bed...no signals of any kind.
    Now she will come and get me, even a sharp bark if I'm not paying attention. I'm so proud
    of her and her laziness is perfect for me as I've got illnesses that keep me dealing w/pain
    and fatigue. She is a sweet diva, how could anyone not love these full of personality dogs?

Keep those pics/videos coming of Ozzy & this journey you are on together. GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

That was such a cute video. I'm glad he's already showing signs of progress!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Real Name
    AJ
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ozzy
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Texas Carol;400751][COLOR=#800080][B]AJ, I gotta tell you...I LOVE Ozzy, he's incredibly handsome, full of personality
    and so photogenic.

Make a model outta him...useful! Maybe the trainer could make a training video
    using him, I watched that short video 6 times. [/

Thanks! He really is a handsome boy. People just eat him up in public. He's doing better but were working in his temper still. He's just a big lovebug with attitude. He loves his kitty and even allows him to snuggle up next to him now. So little by little he is fitting in

AJ

AJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads