Hi, I was in Petsmart yesterday, and I was watching a groomer through the window, who was clipping a dog, and also trimming his nails, he had a cone on , the type they use after a surgery. I asked one of the groomers why he had the cone on, and she told me, they used it for dogs who might bite, or bite when getting groomed. It allows the groomer to clip and cut their fur, and to clip their nails, without the dog being able to bite the groomer. The groomer stands behind the dog, and is able to groom the dog, and the dogs face stays facing forward, and they are not able to turn their head around to bite. This may be something you or your groomer could try, and see if it works. I thought it was a great idea. Good luck. Please keep us posted and share what worked for you.