Peeing in his bed.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I've heard of this occurring in pet store dogs who are accustomed to peeing where they sleep on account of being locked in a cage 24/7. Being raised in such a condition causes them to ignore their natural instincts to not make a mess where they nest and can be extremely difficult to correct. When you take him out to pee be sure and praise the hell out of him when he goes where he is supposed to. Same thing with the pee grass setup you have inside. Also would take away his water a couple of hours before bed time so as to reduce the likelyhood that he will need to go overnight in his bed.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We had this issue with Brutus! We decided to take everything out except his toys and it worked perfect! No more accidents! I did feel back leaving him on the bare crate but he learned his lesson after a couple months (10 to be exact) and now he gets his blanket which is usually put into a ball that he sleeps on! At one point he was even eating the blanket :bang:

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

I still have a dilemma with the whole night time crate thing.

If I close the crate (divided into a potty area and sleeping area inside) he literally will scream and yell for 10 hours straight. He even stuck his leg through the crate hole then got stuck, tried to yank it back, started yelping in pain. He's seriously a mental wreck when the crate is closed even though its a wide open wire/metal crate. Not an enclosed feeling plastic one. He will bark and yelp for hours, and hours and hours nonstop and look like a train wreck in the morning. It does not improve with time.

On the plus side, he will poop and pee almost totally in the potty area, though he rips up the potty pad and crap is smeared all over there.

So I tried leaving his crate open last night, allowing him to play in his playpen area, and (hopefully) poop in the potty area of the crate.

Woke up today to total slilence and a happy puppy....

With 4 (yes four) huge poop piles ....

But they were outside the crate, smeared all over the floor of the playpen.

And 3 more (yes a total of seven) poop piles in the potty area of the crate.

his stuffed animal was laying in two poop piles. it was smeared and covered in crap.

It took me over 30 minutes to clean up this mess.

This is what happens when i leave the crate door open. He isn't breaking his arm or vomiting from stress or barking all night.
But he craps and pisses everywhere anywhere.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I still have a dilemma with the whole night time crate thing.

If I close the crate (divided into a potty area and sleeping area inside) he literally will scream and yell for 10 hours straight. He even stuck his leg through the crate hole then got stuck, tried to yank it back, started yelping in pain. He's seriously a mental wreck when the crate is closed even though its a wide open wire/metal crate. Not an enclosed feeling plastic one. He will bark and yelp for hours, and hours and hours nonstop and look like a train wreck in the morning. It does not improve with time.

On the plus side, he will poop and pee almost totally in the potty area, though he rips up the potty pad and crap is smeared all over there.

So I tried leaving his crate open last night, allowing him to play in his playpen area, and (hopefully) poop in the potty area of the crate.

Woke up today to total slilence and a happy puppy....

With 4 (yes four) huge poop piles ....

But they were outside the crate, smeared all over the floor of the playpen.

And 3 more (yes a total of seven) poop piles in the potty area of the crate.

his stuffed animal was laying in two poop piles. it was smeared and covered in crap.

It took me over 30 minutes to clean up this mess.

This is what happens when i leave the crate door open. He isn't breaking his arm or vomiting from stress or barking all night.
But he craps and pisses everywhere anywhere.

[MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION] It is not normal for a puppy to poop so much in one night. Something is very off with his digestive system. What time do you feed him? Try dividing his feeding in 3 servings one early morning, then noon, then 5 pm. Take him for a walk about an hour after eating his dinner. Walking helps with the after dinner poop. This should help with the night time poop issues.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.