Help Needed! Crate vs. Non Crate sleeping

txjulie

Aug 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi,
I am not sure this is a "problem" or an "issue" but 7 month old Lola is definitely crate trained and may be to a fault, since it's the only place she will sleep. She will not lay down anywhere when she gets tired and will continue to go or start to act out basically telling us...Hey I'm Tired....so we have to put her in the crate. She goes in with our command, but she will not just go in alone and will not just go lay down on the floor, couch, bed, etc...(even at night before bed)....I feel bad that she is in the crate even when I am here because I work from home, but it's literally the only place she'll sleep. Is this an age thing? Will she ever grow out of this? Is there anything we can do?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe she wuvs her crate. Bullies are so different in personality especially when they are young. I can't offer any help accept send hugs someone that can help will be along shortly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I have opinion, suggestion and advice.

All mixed together.

Yes, I agree and promote crate training for so many reasons. Other threads have discussed already.

Consider this.

Put the crate in the room where you spend most of the time. Leave the door open. Let Lola go in and come out on her own. If she feels comfortable in there, let her.
Also when she is ready to come out then she can come out. This way your are not controlling the issue for now. Once she knows that she can come and go freely, she will also start to learn that she does NOT have to go in there simply to be safe and lay down to nap.

And yes they do grow out of it. Soon they will have taken over the couch and bed. yippie !

Good Day~

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] I couldn't have said it better myself.

OP
T

txjulie

Aug 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks for the suggestions, her crate is in the room I am in and we leave the door open, but she just doesn't want to go in to sleep, she'll walk in and out, grab some toys and play but seldom goes in to lay down unless we guide her to. It's like she wants us to tell her to go in. Again maybe the subborness of the breed, but I am just hoping we grow out of this :) Thanks again....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hello,

All mixed together.

Yes, I agree and promote crate training for so many reasons. Other threads have discussed already.

Consider this.

Put the crate in the room where you spend most of the time. Leave the door open. Let Lola go in and come out on her own. If she feels comfortable in there, let her.
Also when she is ready to come out then she can come out. This way your are not controlling the issue for now. Once she knows that she can come and go freely, she will also start to learn that she does NOT have to go in there simply to be safe and lay down to nap.

And yes they do grow out of it. Soon they will have taken over the couch and bed. yippie !

Good Day~

Totally agree :goodpost:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Hello,

All mixed together.

Consider this.

Good Day~

I have to agree...Dudley sleeps anywhere he wants now -- he's 2 1/2 -- but he HAD to be in that crate as a baby. Still have the crate with door open all of the time...he often goes in there for an afternoon nap!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.