frozen green beans!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Is there any age you should get to before introducing plain ol' fruits and veggies?
I meant to ask my vet, and completely forgot but have been anxious to get some fresh stuff in Winslow (he's about six months). I don't see why not apart from some possibly interesting poops.. but I like to know for sure before trying anything ;)

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We've been giving June frozen green beans for the last 2 weeks (she'll be 12 weeks on Thursday) to help potty train her and her vet said that is perfectly fine. She didn't like them at first but loves them now. Especially after going outside, I guess it's like a green bean popsicle to her (ew lol).

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Oh my goodness... Winston LOVES ice cubes too!!! You'd think it was chocolate... LOL :lol:
Ruthie loves ice cubes. I make her own with either chicken or beef broth and that helps keep her so cool in the summer and they seem to be tasty. I call them bully beef balls! You should try them.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
We've been giving June frozen green beans for the last 2 weeks (she'll be 12 weeks on Thursday) to help potty train her and her vet said that is perfectly fine. She didn't like them at first but loves them now. Especially after going outside, I guess it's like a green bean popsicle to her (ew lol).

haha aw! Super! Winslow is 6 months so I'm sure it's fine. I'm so paranoid about changing anything with him though haha, I swear first time puppy-mom is way worse than first time human-mom :tongue:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Is there any age you should get to before introducing plain ol' fruits and veggies?
I meant to ask my vet, and completely forgot but have been anxious to get some fresh stuff in Winslow (he's about six months). I don't see why not apart from some possibly interesting poops.. but I like to know for sure before trying anything ;)
We started a few days after we got Harlea at 8 weeks. Only introduce one new thing at a time so if your bully has a reaction you will know what caused it.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis LOVES broccoli, apples, bananas and watermelon

OP
i love my bully

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson
That would be my dog too! cardboard is like crack for my dog lol. once he sees it, theres no stopping him hahaha

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
hey everyone, I was concerned about giving my bully so many treats while training him. so we tried something healthier..frozen green beans! my bully absolutely loves them and goes wild when he sees me pull them out the freezer lol. feeding him the green beans makes me feel better about giving him treats all the time :) anyways, you guys should try them!

Hello,

Yes, frozen green beans has been a regular item for bullie owners. Healthy and cold. You can also try the small baby carrots...very sparingly becuase of the higher sugar content.

Good Day~

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
:lol:
Hahahaha! That would be great to see Jake walking down the aisle pushing a cart full of cardboard.

lol! I wonder what Geno would put in his cart.

I have been reading up on this and I'm going to try the green beans. I have heard too many horror stories about treats, plus he has skin allergies. Good post.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
lol! I wonder what Geno would put in his cart.

I have been reading up on this and I'm going to try the green beans. I have heard too many horror stories about treats, plus he has skin allergies. Good post.

My Buster LOVES green beans!! Those ready made packs of green beans that are washed and dried. I will say that baby carrots and sugar snap pea's are his FAVORITE!! Yum yum LOL.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki loves everything veggie! Since we have to give him meds 2 times a day now I give him a carrot afterwards so that he feels like he is getting a treat for being so good :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.