Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hey guys.
So Im wondering if Daisy needs a sister. While we are at home she rarely plays by herself. Shes fine if someone is down playing with her or chasing her. But while Im cleaning or cooking she will just sit close to me and look all sad. I get her toys out and chewys and I get nothing... She just acts like shes all pitiful and begs me to play. Do you guys know if there is a way I can get her to play on her own? She really likes chasing bugs outside :butterfly:, do you know of any toys that will move on their own ? Besides a remote control toy lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is like that too. She won't play on her own except chewing on her bone. One thing I thought about getting is something my sister used with her pot-belly pig. It's a ball and you stick food/treats in it, it has little holes but they have to roll it around to get the treats out and it takes a while for the treats to come out so you aren't really over feeding. Her pig played with that ball for hours and wore the pig out. Ruthie loves balls, but pops them quickly and this thing is hard plastic. Maybe check into one of those?

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ruthie is like that too. She won't play on her own except chewing on her bone. One thing I thought about getting is something my sister used with her pot-belly pig. It's a ball and you stick food/treats in it, it has little holes but they have to roll it around to get the treats out and it takes a while for the treats to come out so you aren't really over feeding. Her pig played with that ball for hours and wore the pig out. Ruthie loves balls, but pops them quickly and this thing is hard plastic. Maybe check into one of those?

Lol we have one!!! She doesnt care for it.. She really isnt a fan of balls, shes a weirdo! She is very food motivated, but with that ball she just kinda plays for a min and when she realizes shes gonna have to work to get the treat out she moves on... Its frustrating lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Lol we have one!!! She doesnt care for it.. She really isnt a fan of balls, shes a weirdo! She is very food motivated, but with that ball she just kinda plays for a min and when she realizes shes gonna have to work to get the treat out she moves on... Its frustrating lol
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: well there goes that idea :). I'm out of ideas then cause Ruthie will just sit and pout until we play with her. We are thinking of getting her a sibling but I don't think I'm ready yet. I'll be looking for everyone else's answers here too!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is like this too!! At home hes a bump on a log unless you get him all riled up but when he goes to daycare and he is with the other dogs hes a nut & plays non stop! I have yet to find something to get him to play by himself! Unless of course its his nylabone he will sit there and chew that for hours!

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Our Daizy used to be the exact same way, I was worried something was wrong with her. So we got her a Frenchie brother - Duke, and all that changed....lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Kong does make some heavy duty rubber toys that you can put treats in. Maybe more interesting-and tempting than a hard plastic? I have never had the problem-since I have never only had ONE dog-and they always entertain each other.:yes:

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: well there goes that idea :). I'm out of ideas then cause Ruthie will just sit and pout until we play with her. We are thinking of getting her a sibling but I don't think I'm ready yet. I'll be looking for everyone else's answers here too!

Lmao!! Were gonna need another pup!! :p

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm thinking she needs a sibling, a brother or a sister. Everyone needs more than one bully, or a French bulldog. Lol.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My two never play alone or with each other. If Im not involved then there is no playing. they wont go outside without me, I call them my clingers

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hi, I'm thinking she needs a sibling, a brother or a sister. Everyone needs more than one bully, or a French bulldog. Lol.

Haha I agree... And thats exactly what Ive been looking for, A Frenchie ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My two never play alone or with each other. If Im not involved then there is no playing. they wont go outside without me, I call them my clingers

Oh no! Thats gotta be tough. Do they like eachother?

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella is always under me too, if im cooking mostly right under me scared im gonna drop something! haha:cooking:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea plays by herself in spurts but she would rather wrestle with her kitty brudder more than anything. We don't let her do it too often because she plays a bit rough and he is kinda small, but kitty is the one that instigates it most often.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our Daizy used to be the exact same way, I was worried something was wrong with her. So we got her a Frenchie brother - Duke, and all that changed....lol

Ditto! banks never really played with other dogs except for he big buddy Basta at day care. She never really played much with Nithscke either... When Nitschke passed and we got Our Frenchie, it all changed... He is like a gnat to her and they chase each other and play very well together.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I always say everyone needs more than one. A Frenchie would be good too. We love our Frenchie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online