While you're away...crate training

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
I am sure this has already been asked one million times, (I just can't find it) so if anyone sees my question and knows of an informative thread....point the way please!

Since she got home, Khaleesi and I have been together 24/7 so crate/house training has been a breeze. Next Tuesday I go back to school 3 days a week, and will be gone for at least 9 hours. I know she is too young to hold it that long, but don't really know what to do. We are looking to find someone who can come take her out and play with her during the day while we are gone those days, but what if we can't? I know not every dog owner has the ability to do this, but how do you find success if there is no way to take them out during the day?

She's been so awesome, with no accidents in her crate at all, goes out wonderfully during the night, and knows exactly what to do during the day as long as I am directing her. I'm terrified of undoing any progress we're making if we don't find someone to help out during the day.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well you have done a great job! She won't be able to hold it..but many deal with this..you aren't alone. The ideal is having someone let her out halfway during the 9 hours..but if not,maybe get a pen like [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] just got and put her crate in there with the door open. She will be safe and not HAVE to pee in her crate.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Maybe you can get a square of grass to put in the playpen like Baxter Tiberius did? (I don't know how to tag people but he did post a picture of it) Then she'll still be familiar with using the grass and hopefully won't be too confused.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9371]AngAngeles13[/MENTION] Here is the link to the post that [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is talking about. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?29557-Harlea-s-Playpen Today was Harlea's first day using it and she has had a blast with it as it keeps the kitties away when she wants to lounge or play by herself. If you have any questions just hit me up and i will be glad to give you the info.

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
@AngAngeles13 Here is the link to the post that @JAKEISGREAT is talking about. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?29557-Harlea-s-Playpen Today was Harlea's first day using it and she has had a blast with it as it keeps the kitties away when she wants to lounge or play by herself. If you have any questions just hit me up and i will be glad to give you the info.

thank you! I like that little playpen! Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking? This might be a good alternative to forcing her to go in her crate. (and tile is much easier to clean than the crate would be) I hate that she'd still be forced to go indoors, but I'm not sure there is another option. I have a girl who thinks she "may" be able to do it, but nothing is finalized. And the playpen may be a worthy purchase anyhow when I have to work at home and can't chase her around all day like you. Hmmmm....

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9371]AngAngeles13[/MENTION] I will PM you the info shortly.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.