Leash, harness, lead for the "emergency" pee runs?

elonepb

Aug 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
Hi all, new poster here thanks in advance for any tips.

Picking up "Butter" on the 31st of August. He will be living in our apartment that has a front door that opens directly onto the street. Door opens, 4 steps, street.

I know the issues with leashes and collars with Bulldogs and the recommendation of a harness for walking, but I want to find something I can grab as I run to the door during pee accidents. I feel like a harness is going to require sitting him down figuring out which end is which (every time with me) and strapping him up - all the while the "emergency" is now over.

Is something like a slip lead OK in these situations? Or should I keep him collared while he's being watched by us and grab a leash as I run out the door? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we use a harness for our two guys for when we are going to the park, or a longer walk, for potty breaks during the day, we use a Kong collar, and a leash. Since we are in summer, and it's too hot for them to go out during the day, they onlyngomon longer walks first thing in the mornings and we usually go on a walk around the block after dinner or in the evenings. A collar is easier to put on, and is fine for when you are training, and wanting to go out quickly before accidents happen, and it is also fine for short potty breaks.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We have always used a harness until recently and then reverted back to the harness find one that is comfortable for Butter to wear all the time if that is your inclination there is one called a total control harness and they are pretty comfortable during this puppy stage.

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
We Love the Ezydog Quick Fit Harness! Really, it takes one second to put on. Sherman has that one, and also the one with more of a breast plate, that one comes with a seat belt attachment for the car. The Quick Fit one would be perfect for your needs.

OP
elonepb

elonepb

Aug 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Your welcome :dance:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.