Help Needed! English Bulldog suddenly turned aggressive

weekskj

Mar 1, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
:) Thank you very much. My vet recommended a behaviorist at the clinic who has worked with bullies so I'm hoping she will get up with me soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:) Thank you very much. My vet recommended a behaviorist at the clinic who has worked with bullies so I'm hoping she will get up with me soon.

GREAT -- do not give up, it is all fixable! time, consistentcy and patience!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I really dont like vaccines. Especially the rabies vaccine.

I hear horror story after horror story about it damaging the dogs mentally, physically, etc.

I dont like it.

What is the real threat here? That the dog will get free, get in a fight with a raccoon, and catch rabies?

If that is *NEVER* a possibility, then is it really necessary to get the rabies vaccination?

Seriously.

I know its "politically correct" to say yes. So ....resist the temptation to say yes, just to say yes.

Talking about real life here. The chances of a housebound / leashbound dog (especially mine who lives in a condo tower, not outside in a yard) getting rabies are pretty much zero.

Then why would i damage his health by giving him the vaccine.

The rabies shot is to protect people from a rabid dog. I don't have a rabid dog. And if he got bit by something, he would be at the vet within days getting tested for rabies, and treated if necessary.

Therefore rabies is not a concern.

I realize rabies vaccinations are required by law, etc. But i care more about his health than the law.

I couldn't agree more. And mack has always had such health issues that a rabies shot, or any other shots are just out of the question for me. So we can't do boarding...but instead we have friends or family crash at my house if we are all going out of town.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Soooo lets say someone chose not to get their puppy a rabies shot. For the aforementioned reasons.
What would the consequences be, if anything?
Can't fly on planes right ... anything else?

No boarding, and no groomers other than the vet

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Quarantine if ever bit a human. Possibility of breaking law, depending on where you live.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online