Help Needed! English Bulldog suddenly turned aggressive

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
Don't lose hope! I was really scared my Bandit wouldn't go back to his old self but he finally is. It has been just over a month since the dreaded shot incident. Give her time and patience and also stay in touch with your vet about the situation. Best wishes from us!

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Baxter Tiberius

Soooo lets say someone chose not to get their puppy a rabies shot. For the aforementioned reasons.
What would the consequences be, if anything?
Can't fly on planes right ... anything else?

OP
devine

devine

Aug 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pansy
She had a seizure tonight! We are getting her to the vet tomorrow but I wonder if there is anything he can do....

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I am afraid this rabies shot has changed her personality forever....does anyone think she will go back to how she was?
For what it's worth I believe she will. Chumley took about 6 weeks and his side effects slowly went away.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Soooo lets say someone chose not to get their puppy a rabies shot. For the aforementioned reasons.
i agree...I don't believe there's even the slightest risk of my dog getting rabies where i live so why should it be mandatory I have to do it? So Petco won't cut his nails without it..I can live with that.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack

They wont cut Macks nails at petco bc he is not current. Im like yeah, he rabid, cant you tell, I take him to the vet for a runny nose, but please cut my rabid dogs nails

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
All the things you are reporting are consistent w/adverse reaction to the shots...especially
more so when the vaccines are combined and given in a single shot. It's weird & strange, like
being aggressive w/your children but not you, Hubby or oldest child. Talk to your children and
explain that it's not personal nor rational...it's not their fault or her fault. They (everyone) needs
to be very calm, speak in low, gentle voices, no excitement or escalation of play around her. Not
sure this is a time for subjection or training because she is not herself and isn't well. Let her be
& stay where she feels safe & comfortable, let her rest & just reassure her, no expectations.

She most likely will recover albeit slowly (1-2 months) good nutrition & possibly giving her Lyssin
will help w/faster results.

What are you feeding her right now?

I continue to pray for all of you, please keep us informed, GOD be with you & bless you.

OP
devine

devine

Aug 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pansy
She seems to be getting a little bit better. My youngest took her for man walks yesterday and has been feeding her and keeps going to her to pet her and she would cower down. This morning she went to my daughter for scratchies and tickles! She stayed at her feet and then my daughter gave her a cookie and stayed for more scratchies. I have the happiest little girl in the world right now and I just hope it continues and we get our Pansy back to how she was. Baby steps, but at least they are in the right direction.
No more seizures either, but we are keeping a very close eye on her.
I never want to get these shots again, but we are Canadian and like to go to Florida in the winter for a couple of weeks and were so looking forward to bringing Pansy, but we can't cross the border without the shots. WE are ok this year, but I guess next year and so on, we can't take her.
Stupid shots, I mean I think the last case of rabies I heard of in these parts was like the 70's!

weekskj

Mar 1, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Excuse me for reinvigorating this thread...I came across this while researching sudden aggressiveness in bulldogs.
We've had our Tebow for 2 years - he is 3 years old (male, we believe purebread).
We've had some issues with aggressiveness but could pin it to certain actions (eg, don't pull him away from food).

Last night, though, he became problematic. Went after me on 2 different occasions with no or little provocation.

first time, I was kneeling in front of a kitchen cabinet and he came up next to me sniffing - not problem - but then started snarling and barking and my husband had to pull him away.
A second time, I had just point topical powder on his tail (bald due what is likely an allergy hot spot) and I bent down behind him to clean up the stray powder. My husband was giving him a treat and he became angry and chased me into the kitchen and grabbed by shorts with his teeth.

He had been to the vet on Monday and received several vaccines (2 shots) - no rabies, however.

The vet was a woman but he has always been more accepting of my husband as alpha as opposed to me.

I wanted to see if Devine's dog got over the issues.

And if anyone else has any insight, please send to me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Excuse me for reinvigorating this thread...I came across this while researching sudden aggressiveness in bulldogs.
We've had our Tebow for 2 years - he is 3 years old (male, we believe purebread).
We've had some issues with aggressiveness but could pin it to certain actions (eg, don't pull him away from food).

Last night, though, he became problematic. Went after me on 2 different occasions with no or little provocation.

first time, I was kneeling in front of a kitchen cabinet and he came up next to me sniffing - not problem - but then started snarling and barking and my husband had to pull him away.
A second time, I had just point topical powder on his tail (bald due what is likely an allergy hot spot) and I bent down behind him to clean up the stray powder. My husband was giving him a treat and he became angry and chased me into the kitchen and grabbed by shorts with his teeth.

He had been to the vet on Monday and received several vaccines (2 shots) - no rabies, however.

The vet was a woman but he has always been more accepting of my husband as alpha as opposed to me.

I wanted to see if Devine's dog got over the issues.

And if anyone else has any insight, please send to me.

Seems he might be in pain and could it be you are somewhat fearful of his behavior? If you are, he is sensing it and reacting to that

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

weekskj

Mar 1, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Thank you very much, 2BullyMama. I am also seeking out a training professional who can help within the home. I do believe there are triggers and if I know them and avoid them, we can get back to peace.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you very much, 2BullyMama. I am also seeking out a training professional who can help within the home. I do believe there are triggers and if I know them and avoid them, we can get back to peace.

Please keep us posted! best of luck....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.