How long did it take you to fully potty train your English Bulldog?

By what age was your Bully fully potty / house trained?

• Before 8 weeks of age

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Before 3 months of age

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Within 6 months of age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Within 8 months of age

• It took longer than 1 year

• Total voters
B

Baxter Tiberius

For those of you who have successfully potty trained your English Bulldog, could you answer these questions for me?

1) How long would you say it took before your pup finally "got it" and didn't backslide to old behaviors? (this does not include an isolated accident).

2) Which do you think is more influential if you had to pick one: (a) The influence of training from the owner ... or (b) English Bulldogs simply need to reach a certain age/maturity level, and then they seem to just "get it" ?

Im going to add a poll just so the trends can show better.

Kevin

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I can't really vote because Harlea isn't fully potty trained yet as she still has accidents from time to time. I would say she is 90% there at 15 weeks which i don't think is too shabby. I could see it taking 8 months to a year if you bully regresses for a period of time.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We had some hiccups w/Winston... so I would have to say it took 8 mos to say he was FULLY trained!!! LOL

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley was really potty-trained by about 10 weeks. I got him at 8 weeks and most of the heavy lifting was already done! He's been a pain about some things, but he was great at potty-triaining. I used a crate, because I was at work most of the day then. He was a good boy!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Amelia is 5 1/5 months old...We aren't there yet. So I couldn't answer the poll.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I voted within 3 month... I actually don't remember exactly but it went very smooth. Since I'm not working I could take them out a few times during the night as well which I think helped a lot, and we have a fenced in garden so the door can always be opened:) I do believe though that they can be very stubborn if they want to:tongue:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.