Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big victory for Baxter

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: Big victory for Baxter

Like you guys said, 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Now he religiously uses his patch of grass, but for some reason he only puts his 2 front feet in the box, while he pees on the floor next to the box. So incredibly frustrating after all this progress. This has become a new habit for him, and there's no way to train him to fix this. He thinks he's in the box. So you cant scold him for peeing in the wrong spot. If you do, he'll think he's not supposed to pee in the box. You can't explain to a dog "No no .. you have to come up inside the box". It seems like a lack of smarts .... thing honestly. He looks at me eagerly as he pisses all over the floor with two paws on the grass.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

@Baxter Tiberius Glad Baxter is understanding where to go potty. You have to remember he is a baby 10 weeks old is like a 1 yr old human. You wouldn't expect a 1 yr old human baby to be able to walk around without a diaper. The fact Baxter knows where to go is a victory and something to celebrate. When you see him peeing off the grass pick him up while he is doing #1 and put him on the grass. Patience and Repetition will work. Bulldogs are very smart once they are taught to understand what you want.

Baxter Tiberius

Well you hope he's understanding. But in reality, he's maybe not.

I woke up the last two days to see his very tiny bedding area drenched in pee. He didn't walk a grand total of 5 inches to his patch of grass to pee now.

He did however poop multiple times on the grass.

But he was laying in a pool of his own urine.

This is how he ended up with a staph infection all over the underside of his belly. Pussing sores. This is why he's on antibiotics two times a day and I have to spray him with antibiotic spray twice a day.

I'm reaching a point where Im realizing that "effort" at this age is useless. He will do whatever he will do. And if that means make himself sick by laying in pee all night, then so be it.

I am going to have to just ride this out until he gets older and realizes what he should do. Until then I have to expect this will just be an ongoing, unpredictable, untrainable situation.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Well you hope he's understanding. But in reality, he's maybe not.

I woke up the last two days to see his very tiny bedding area drenched in pee. He didn't walk a grand total of 5 inches to his patch of grass to pee now.

He did however poop multiple times on the grass.

But he was laying in a pool of his own urine.

This is how he ended up with a staph infection all over the underside of his belly. Pussing sores. This is why he's on antibiotics two times a day and I have to spray him with antibiotic spray twice a day.

I'm reaching a point where Im realizing that "effort" at this age is useless. He will do whatever he will do. And if that means make himself sick by laying in pee all night, then so be it.

I am going to have to just ride this out until he gets older and realizes what he should do. Until then I have to expect this will just be an ongoing, unpredictable, untrainable situation.

Time and patience ..... He will get ther but stay consistent with him... It is trainable, just more brutal for you than him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

AAAWWWWW YAY!!! That is so awesome!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Awww good boy Baxter! It's such a good feelin when our hard work pays off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads