Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 week old bully and bathroom habits

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    buster
    Likes (Received)

Default 12 week old bully and bathroom habits

Buster does not even realize he is doing number 1 or 2 . For instance he may be asleep going no. 2 or walking down the hall and going while he is walking. This is my second bulldog and my first one never did this. And I had him 11 years. Has anyone else experienced this?

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: 12 week old bully and bathroom habits

Thats strange. I am dealing with a 9 week old who goes anywhere and everywhere. Doesn't care about where it is. Doesn't respond to training in any form whatsoever. But he does at least squat when he goes poop. Never seen him pooping while asleep. Or while walking normally.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    buster
    Likes (Received)

I would love to just see him squat

Baxter Tiberius

Has he had his vet checkup yet, and have you run this by the vet? These are strange dogs, and "grace" isn't exactly their forte. Not by a long shot. So its possible this is just one of his goofy quirks. But I supposed its also possible he has some issues back there. Maybe an anal gland issue or sphincter muscle problem. Totally random guessing.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have never dealt with any kind of pup that relieves itself while sleeping. To me that is not normal and should be checked out by your vet as it could be symptomatic of a large issue. Walking wise i have only had it happen after a heavy play session and they were trying to get to the door.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

12 weeks is still really young, if you take him outside will he do is business out there? If he does shower him with praise and treats when he does it, he will catch on eventually.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    buster
    Likes (Received)

He has had his checkups and shots. The vet seemed to think it was nothing to worry about

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I tend to think, since he has been checked health wise, he's just a bit lazy. It surely will make it harder to train him, but if you can carry him out when it's potty time AND make sure he goes before he gets in crate, it might help. Sometimes, they just don't know to control themselves, even though they are heading outside. Kinda like a 2 year old human, misjudging the time it takes versus the time they have.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

He poops in his sleep?? I would watch him carefully. It may be nothing, but if there is no improvement at all over the next few months I would consider seeing a vet to find out if it is a more serious issue.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    buster
    Likes (Received)

I have just been worried about it. I had to put my bulldog, petey to rest about four weeks ago. I had him for eleven years, since he was 10 weeks old. It has taken its toll on me, he was my child. I just dont want to have anything wrong with this one.he plays and acts like any bulldog puppy other than that.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mark1959 View Post
    I have just been worried about it. I had to put my bulldog, petey to rest about four weeks ago. I had him for eleven years, since he was 10 weeks old. It has taken its toll on me, he was my child. I just dont want to have anything wrong with this one.he plays and acts like any bulldog puppy other than that.

Im sorry about Petey. It's like losing a part of you. If he is acting fine other than that..just don't stress too much. He's a young guy and we will ALL be waiting for progress..

Please feel free to post a Memorial to Petey in out Bulldog Memorial forum..we have lost so many this year. It is a wonderful way to memorialize him. Pictures too!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @kazzy220, I would watch him, and if he doesn't improve in a month or so I would get him checked out as it could be something more serious. @Baxter Tiberius yours is only 9 weeks old and still young, and if the breeder did not work with them when they were younger, it will take a little longer before they catch on. Just be patient and consistent. Every time he wakes up from a nap, take him out, if he has been playing for about 30 minute, take him out, before eating and after eating, take him out, and praise, praise, praise, every time he goes potty outside. He will get it before you know it. I always say, if the pup goes potty in thehouse, it's my fault, because I wasn't paying enough attention to them.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads