Bulldog playing to rough at Dog Park

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So I take my 4 1/2 month old Bulldog to the Dog Park to wear him out after dinner but when I take him he is a big bully. When the dogs are smaller than him he runs into with his chest basically barrel rolling them then lays on top on them knowing they can't move and plays bite. I know that he is a puppy and wants to play but the other dog's owner usually isn't fond of it. If the other dog is same size or a little bigger things tend to be fine or get pretty rough real quick . Are there any type of training that yall recommend I could do teach him or tips?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
A lot of it is his age ... he's young and is only just learning how to control his own strength. Have you tried taking him to basic obedience classes .. maybe that would help??

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
No I haven't tried the obedience classes I might give that a shot

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It's great to train him on your own for basics like sit, come, own etc..but the puppy classes will help socialize and train him. Brie is 8 mos and still plays rough at times but is more easily redirected now. She would do the typical bully side swipe..full run, head on n then bam hit them w her side n knock them over, n start nipping etc. It is kind funny to watch but yikes for the other dog! But she would do the to any of no matter the size. Crazy girl..

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea does the same thing with my cats. She will run over them and shoulder check them out of the way. It is getting better as we are continuing to work with her on it but it is not perfect yet. Hopefully she will be over it by the time she is old enough to go to the dog park.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes.. as Karen suggested... training class will be great as he will also learn how to play approriatly

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I call our male my little rugby player, he plays very rough with his sister bully but when he gets to play with our chihuahua mix he is much softer and very careful. Your boy is still very young, puppies don't really have the concept of being careful:blink: maybe he will grow out of it on his own:) With Bennie I just checked him the first times with our small dogs and told him to be careful, he knew exactly what I meant, and if he got a bit out of control I have this sound I make that I make every time they do something wrong. I'm not a fan of raising my voice so my kids knows my lill sounds and looks, lol.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
It is a Bully Thang !! :yes: Rocky did the chest bump with every other dog he's ever met, Until a friend of my daughter brought an English Lab over one day, lol, Rocky could walk under his belly and never touch his Tummy!! :yes: So anyway she left the leash on his Marmaduke Black English Lab, and Rocky politely picked up the leash and walked him to the door :rofl: Thinking Rocky was trying to say, If he couldn't barrel roll em' with a chest bump, they had to go… hahahahahaha, Now Rambo knocks everything and everyone over, he's 65 lbs, and flat out right just rambunctiously clumsy, Including knocking over my lamp table, magazine rack beside my recliner several times, Now when he gets close to the table, I have to start saying NO, No, No, No hahahahahaha Typical Bully's, They truly have so much strength, and are easily described as a "Bull(y) in a CHINA shop" :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.