I have both crates, the medium and the large, funny the boys like them both. Rambo, which is 65 lbs now sleeps in the medium crate, and when he stretches out, he lays on his side, hind paws resting against the back wall, while his snout sits on the grate at the door bottom, hardly comfortable, Rocky which is just over 50 lbs takes the large crate, and has room enough it seems to drive a volkswagen around inside his crate. They take turns during the day going in and out of each others crates, but when all is said and done at bedtime, they respectively go to the crate their used to. It's hard to say with a young bully which crate will be best, not knowing their final size yet, but either will work, and it's all about what they become comfortable with now. Both have room to go inside the medium crate, turn, and lay down, However I think Rambo would be more comfortable in the larger crate being his size and all, However, it seems they both prefer a crate just big enough to get in and turn around and lay down in. I know this isn't much help, being none of us have crystal balls, but seems they prefer medium, however if you have the large, I wouldn't sweat it one second, and you may even be fortunate to have it one day. Switching crates after they get used to one, is probably worse than getting the wrong one.