What size crate?

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
When we brought June home we had her crate next to our bed at night and the few times she woke up whining we took her out and then I would just put my fingers down though the side so she could smell me and she'd go back to sleep. She actually sleeps through the night now, with her last potty break around 10:30-11 and then again sound 6am at only 10 weeks. So hopefully Kahleesi will be the same :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to. The whining and midnight bathroom breaks. But, I'm sure we will survive. Fun starts tomorrow, so tonight may be my last full nights sleep for a while.

It will be hard to not want to take her out of the crate when she whines at night is is usually best to set an alarm. It sucks but it helps. You will learn quickly the difference between the I got to potty and the I want out cry. You may get lucky like we did and she will only whine the first night and after that is where the alarm comes in handy.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Mayhem only cried for about 5 minutes the first night. Only about two weeks of the middle of the night potty breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
It will be hard to not want to take her out of the crate when she whines at night is is usually best to set an alarm. It sucks but it helps. You will learn quickly the difference between the I got to potty and the I want out cry. You may get lucky like we did and she will only whine the first night and after that is where the alarm comes in handy.

Yes, I figure I will set the alarm, I just haven't figured out how many times per night I will need to take her. (next on my list of things to do tonight) I'm thinking I am going to put the crate in my room at first and slowly transition it to her own room over time.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We started with 11, 1, 3 & 5. We got lucky after 2 weeks and were able to get stop the 3am time and at a month we were able to give up the 11 & 1 outings. Now she is crashed out between 9 & 10 and is out until 5:30. Being that no two bullies are the same your results will most likely be different but does get better over time. You are probably not going to get much sleep tonight anyhow as I can sense your excitement building until she is in your arms.

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
We started with 11, 1, 3 & 5. We got lucky after 2 weeks and were able to get stop the 3am time and at a month we were able to give up the 11 & 1 outings. Now she is crashed out between 9 & 10 and is out until 5:30. Being that no two bullies are the same your results will most likely be different but does get better over time. You are probably not going to get much sleep tonight anyhow as I can sense your excitement building until she is in your arms.

hah! You are probably right. I'm super excited. My human baby is 17 years old now, and I haven't had a dog in almost 10 years. I need someone to take care of. haha. How old was Harlea when you got her? I just read that the amount of times you wake them up at night coincides with how old they are....

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
hah! You are probably right. I'm super excited. My human baby is 17 years old now, and I haven't had a dog in almost 10 years. I need someone to take care of. haha. How old was Harlea when you got her? I just read that the amount of times you wake them up at night coincides with how old they are....
She was 8 weeks when we got her. We stopped the late night potty outing because she would get grumpy and just go back to sleep as soon as we got out there even if we were out for 30 minutes to an hour. It has been a little over a month now and no accidents in her crate so we are going with the flow. Normally they can only hold it for the number of months plus 1 hour so I got an oddball as she is now 15 weeks and sleeps all night. But I am not complaining. :)

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
She was 8 weeks when we got her. We stopped the late night potty outing because she would get grumpy and just go back to sleep as soon as we got out there even if we were out for 30 minutes to an hour. It has been a little over a month now and no accidents in her crate so we are going with the flow. Normally they can only hold it for the number of months plus 1 hour so I got an oddball as she is now 15 weeks and sleeps all night. But I am not complaining. :)

I wouldn't be complaining either! If I'm out for 30 minutes to an hour in the middle of the night, it's going to be ME who is grumpy. ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.