Tubby is house broken - kinda

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Oh the wonderful joys of being Tubby's mom never end.

Here is my dilema. Mr Tubby has not had an accident in our home in months. He comes and barks at you if he NEEDS to go. He is on a set schedule. Now the problem is Tubby gets gated off in the kitchen for bed and that's where he hangs out for the day while Mommy & Daddy are at work. He pee's and poop's in there. There has not been a night or morning where we have woken up or come hoome where he has not used the rest room. I'm at a loss. Tubby was also I firm believer of peeing in his bed. He no longer gets a bed because Cinderella was tired of washing them

I need to figure out how to break this habit as he is starting to get bored and wreak havoc on my kitchen cupboards!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm afraid that I'm NO help here... LOL Winston will be 8 months tomorrow, and I thought I had him trained too. Then my grandson came over for the day, and Winston had 2 accidents on the floor. I'm at a loss... We need POTTY TRAINING INTERVENTION!!! :help:

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I'm afraid that I'm NO help here... LOL Winston will be 8 months tomorrow, and I thought I had him trained too. Then my grandson came over for the day, and Winston had 2 accidents on the floor. I'm at a loss... We need POTTY TRAINING INTERVENTION!!! :help:

He really does!!!! I just want to shake him sometimes. I have a sneaking suspision he does it cause he's p.o'd he's locked up all day.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
He really does!!!! I just want to shake him sometimes. I have a sneaking suspision he does it cause he's p.o'd he's locked up all day.

Hmmm yeah I bet he's just pissed... LOL Literally!!! :ROFL:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh the wonderful joys of being Tubby's mom never end.

Here is my dilema. Mr Tubby has not had an accident in our home in months. He comes and barks at you if he NEEDS to go. He is on a set schedule. Now the problem is Tubby gets gated off in the kitchen for bed and that's where he hangs out for the day while Mommy & Daddy are at work. He pee's and poop's in there. There has not been a night or morning where we have woken up or come hoome where he has not used the rest room. I'm at a loss. Tubby was also I firm believer of peeing in his bed. He no longer gets a bed because Cinderella was tired of washing them

I need to figure out how to break this habit as he is starting to get bored and wreak havoc on my kitchen cupboards!

Maybe try to crate him when he cannot be supervised?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Problem is he destroyed the tray for the bottom of his crate :cursing:

You can get a replacement tray. Petco and Walmart sell them online. You can also go to the manufacturers website and reorder them I think. I think Tubby needs to be crated. He is destroying the cabinets and God forbid a shard of the wood is big and damages his throat. We leave at 7:30 and Raven goes into her crate with a cookie and a cong to chew. Normally she will sleep. The kids get home around 4 and then she gets walked. She will no longer pee or poo in the house as we have her on a feeding schedule. I have been toying with leaving her loose all day but I still worry about what mischief she can get up to and she is a year and ten months. I also think if they are loose when you are gone they are up and moving about and will have to go. Good luck. It can be frustrating.

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
You can get a replacement tray. Petco and Walmart sell them online. You can also go to the manufacturers website and reorder them I think. I think Tubby needs to be crated. He is destroying the cabinets and God forbid a shard of the wood is big and damages his throat. We leave at 7:30 and Raven goes into her crate with a cookie and a cong to chew. Normally she will sleep. The kids get home around 4 and then she gets walked. She will no longer pee or poo in the house as we have her on a feeding schedule. I have been toying with leaving her loose all day but I still worry about what mischief she can get up to and she is a year and ten months. I also think if they are loose when you are gone they are up and moving about and will have to go. Good luck. It can be frustrating.

See thats the thing he doesn't make a mess when we're home and he's with us. He gets fed at 8 am and dinner is 6:30
He gets walked at 9am before I go to work, 4pm when daddy comes home, 7pm after dinner and his bed time walk is usually around 11pm.

Even when he was crated he'd still do his business in the crate then sleep around it. The vet told us dogs have a built in sense not to go to the bathroom in their crate/home but he does. Daddy is at his wits end coming home to this mess and I don't blame him. I just got a video sent to me of today's carnage.

Now we never had the pooping problem with him it was just pee. We are in the process of transitioning him to Fromm and thats when the pooping started

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I hate to be the bearer of bad news...;) But Sweet Tubby is NOT housebroken. Let me rephrase this.. He is NOT Kitchen Broken! He is playing with you..because he is perfectly capable of holding it all night. If it were me..he would be back in a crate. Solves the "Beaver" in him too! :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
See thats the thing he doesn't make a mess when we're home and he's with us. He gets fed at 8 am and dinner is 6:30
He gets walked at 9am before I go to work, 4pm when daddy comes home, 7pm after dinner and his bed time walk is usually around 11pm.

Even when he was crated he'd still do his business in the crate then sleep around it. The vet told us dogs have a built in sense not to go to the bathroom in their crate/home but he does. Daddy is at his wits end coming home to this mess and I don't blame him. I just got a video sent to me of today's carnage.

Now we never had the pooping problem with him it was just pee. We are in the process of transitioning him to Fromm and thats when the pooping started

Ok I am going to give Tubby a little leeway here on the poo because you are changing his food but honestly if he can hold it all night then being crated during the day should be a snap and there should be no poo in that crate. You need to go back to basics with Tubby in that crate with no bedding and what he needs space wise to sleep. I find as long as they are using the bathroom on bedding, no matter how much you wash them, even when you wash with enzyme cleaners, they will still go in there. I wised up to that one and took Raven's bedding out until she learned to be a good girl. She has now been allotted bedding in there again. Tubby eating cabinets is a definite no no due to the possible health hazards, your financial state (we know cabinets are expensive) as well as it just being a go ahead to him to be destructive. Seeing as I am sure you are leaving him with toys in the kitchen there really is no excuse for him to be eating cabinets. You will appreciate that crate because God forbid he gets bored with the cabinets and finds a cord somewhere you are going to be in trouble. These stinkers are just like skin kids and will find what you don't want them to find when they are bored.

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Ok I am going to give Tubby a little leeway here on the poo because you are changing his food but honestly if he can hold it all night then being crated during the day should be a snap and there should be no poo in that crate. You need to go back to basics with Tubby in that crate with no bedding and what he needs space wise to sleep. I find as long as they are using the bathroom on bedding, no matter how much you wash them, even when you wash with enzyme cleaners, they will still go in there. I wised up to that one and took Raven's bedding out until she learned to be a good girl. She has now been allotted bedding in there again. Tubby eating cabinets is a definite no no due to the possible health hazards, your financial state (we know cabinets are expensive) as well as it just being a go ahead to him to be destructive. Seeing as I am sure you are leaving him with toys in the kitchen there really is no excuse for him to be eating cabinets. You will appreciate that crate because God forbid he gets bored with the cabinets and finds a cord somewhere you are going to be in trouble. These stinkers are just like skin kids and will find what you don't want them to find when they are bored.

Tubby makes a mess in the middle of the night. He hasn't had a bed since Super Bowl, which was February. I just don't know what to do

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Well..I hate to be the bearer of bad news...;) But Sweet Tubby is NOT housebroken. Let me rephrase this.. He is NOT Kitchen Broken! He is playing with you..because he is perfectly capable of holding it all night. If it were me..he would be back in a crate. Solves the "Beaver" in him too! :)

:crazy: Tubby is seriously a piece of work! Would you recommend only giving him enough room to turn around in his crate?

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Yes..I sure would. Back to basics..he will understand. He's a smart Bully.

When would you recommend the crate? Over night & when we're at work? Any other time or just when he'll be alone

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online