Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 34

Thread: Tubby is house broken - kinda

  1. #13
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..I hate to be the bearer of bad news... But Sweet Tubby is NOT housebroken. Let me rephrase this.. He is NOT Kitchen Broken! He is playing with you..because he is perfectly capable of holding it all night. If it were me..he would be back in a crate. Solves the "Beaver" in him too!
    Tubby is seriously a piece of work! Would you recommend only giving him enough room to turn around in his crate?

  2. #14
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    Tubby is seriously a piece of work! Would you recommend only giving him enough room to turn around in his crate?

    Yes..I sure would. Back to basics..he will understand. He's a smart Bully.

  3. #15
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Yes..I sure would. Back to basics..he will understand. He's a smart Bully.
    When would you recommend the crate? Over night & when we're at work? Any other time or just when he'll be alone

  4. #16
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    When would you recommend the crate? Over night & when we're at work? Any other time or just when he'll be alone
    both

  5. #17
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Crate with no bedding when he's alone and at night. Whenever he is at risk of pottying in the house or chewing the cabinets (or anything else)

  6. #18
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    both
    When he's in the crate during the day when were at work, does he get toys or no?

    Feels weird taking about this. It was our dirty little secret, literally

  7. #19
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    When he's in the crate during the day when were at work, does he get toys or no?

    Feels weird taking about this. It was our dirty little secret, literally
    He can have toys. Not weird your teaching him that's all. We've all been there at one time or another.

  8. #20
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    Tubby makes a mess in the middle of the night. He hasn't had a bed since Super Bowl, which was February. I just don't know what to do
    Is he pooping at night or just peeing. Honestly if I leave Raven's loose she will come to me in the middle of the night and want to go out. If she is in her crate it's lights out until the morning with no problems. I think with being loose she moves around way more since she seems to be a roaming sleeper and that jiggles her little bladder.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  9. #21
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    Is he pooping at night or just peeing. Honestly if I leave Raven's loose she will come to me in the middle of the night and want to go out. If she is in her crate it's lights out until the morning with no problems. I think with being loose she moves around way more since she seems to be a roaming sleeper and that jiggles her little bladder.


    See this is the thing. I think the over night pee & poop is his Dad's fault lol he's up at going at 5am so he wakes Tubby up. Then between 5 and 8 when I wake up theres a mess. I think I need to train Tubby's dad to walk him before he leaves for work

  10. #22
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    See this is the thing. I think the over night pee & poop is his Dad's fault lol he's up at going at 5am so he wakes Tubby up. Then between 5 and 8 when I wake up theres a mess. I think I need to train Tubby's dad to walk him before he leaves for work
    That is definitely Dad's fault and I mean that. If they are asleep, once they get up they have to go. Remember back when you first got Tubby as a pup that is how we really started their initial potty training. Morning means up, walk, breakfast, walk again. So that is so on Daddy. All that being said it's a good idea to crate Tubby. Not sure what your home situation is and if you have a fenced yard. If you do, I suggest Daddy get up, send Tubby out to do his business while he is washing up and getting ready. I know once Raven gets up she has to go ASAP.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  11. #23
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Little update Tubby has been crated now for 2 days 1 night. He continues to pee and poop while in the crate.
    We are keeping the crate in the kitchen. Just now I heard him messing about with the crate so I got up to go look and Tubbs comes darting out of the kitchen. I look and he went into his crate and PEED. I'm shocked. @JAKEISGREAT your potty training wisdom is desperately needed.

  12. #24
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Tubby is house broken - kinda

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    Little update Tubby has been crated now for 2 days 1 night. He continues to pee and poop while in the crate.
    We are keeping the crate in the kitchen. Just now I heard him messing about with the crate so I got up to go look and Tubbs comes darting out of the kitchen. I look and he went into his crate and PEED. I'm shocked. @JAKEISGREAT your potty training wisdom is desperately needed.

    Is it a tiny space..just so he can stand up and turn around? Any bedding?? Why that little Does he not make it through the night? I wonder if you move him in your room at night..if he gets restless, he needs to go out. The nunning in and peering out of the blue is bizarre!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •