Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Suddenly barking/fussing in crate

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Have you tried covering the crate?
    This is my thought...mine were always good in crates but sometimes the visual stimulation if we are around was too much so I always put a sheet or something light to cover the crate to allow both of us some privacy!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Sounds like its a new "game" to him. As far as making it better, I have no idea. Perhaps a frozen kong with cream cheese during dinner time. But I must warn you, if you do it once you'll have to do it all the time they are smart little turds and don't forget!
    So true! He won't step foot in his crate unless he knows I have a few pieces of kibble for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bullymama
    Have you tried covering the crate?
    Ha! Yes, but he still barks. Once he managed to find the smallest hole that wasn't covered by the blanket and was looking out from the very bottom corner of the crate, his nose pushed against the wire. The husband and I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at his determination. (You will get a kick out of this @Texas Carol, @sheshistory)

Quote Originally Posted by lokismom
    He just want to be out with everyone I would definitely put a treat in the crate with him that keeps him busy for a period of time
    So true, looks like I"m going to have to up the anty. Or try to manage him with his thunder shirt so he doesn't have to go into his crate.

Thanks for the tip, @JoeR53! I will have to use our can to let him know the behavior sucks.
    @cali baker - I completely agree. Remi knows how to get under my skin for sure!!
    @brutus77 - no worries!

Okay. I think I know what I have to do Thanks so much everyone!

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    So true! He won't step foot in his crate unless he knows I have a few pieces of kibble for him.

Ha! Yes, but he still barks. Once he managed to find the smallest hole that wasn't covered by the blanket and was looking out from the very bottom corner of the crate, his nose pushed against the wire. The husband and I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at his determination. (You will get a kick out of this @Texas Carol, @sheshistory)

So true, looks like I"m going to have to up the anty. Or try to manage him with his thunder shirt so he doesn't have to go into his crate.

Thanks for the tip, @JoeR53! I will have to use our can to let him know the behavior sucks.
    @cali baker - I completely agree. Remi knows how to get under my skin for sure!!
    @brutus77 - no worries!

Okay. I think I know what I have to do Thanks so much everyone!
    Good luck!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads