Agression! To Spay or not to Spay?

Shuggy

Jun 24, 2011
Hey Guys,

Been off the boards for a while but feel I need to come to some of you for advice.

Sugar, our dog is now 2 years old and has slowly starting to become more and more aggressive. She has not been fixed.
She's always around 2 other dogs (My parents) but has a hard time coming into contact with others?

She is also very protective of my wife. We brought her to the groomers, and as the groomer approached them, sugar snapped and lunged to bite. Her hairs were standing up and you could tell she was really worked up.

She also does this thing where she will try to "hump" one of us all the time. If you tell her no, she gets angry and growls. :no:

If clothe is left unattended, Sugar will spread them all over the room, and urinate on it. She used to even urinate on my loveseat if I got up and left the room. Had to get rid of it!. Territorial much?

I'm always on the fence about breeding her but it does not look like I will be. Do you guys think spaying will help tone some of these symptoms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (She somehow got to my closet this morning and pulled out all my clothe....and you know....urine everywhere!)

Help!

Thanks in advance.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my understanding fixing females don't really fix these kind of problems. First thing I would check is her health...that she is not in any kind of pain. If not, then I would seek help from a professional dog trainer who is specialized in this area.

OP
S

Shuggy

Jun 24, 2011
In my understanding fixing females don't really fix these kind of problems. First thing I would check is her health...that she is not in any kind of pain. If not, then I would seek help from a professional dog trainer who is specialized in this area.

She just got back from the Vet last week in great health!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm sorry, but I don't think I have any words of wisdom here. If she's in great health then it must be behavioral and I would seek help from a professional trainer. Also spaying is a good option, even if it doesn't help this issue, cause in my opinion you should not breed aggressive dogs.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Yes I agree with RiiSi a professional behaviorist is my best suggestion. There will be some people with more advise soon. It sounds like she has established herself as alpha. It will be up to you to get that status back. Sugar should not be humping or growling at you. Peeing on your cloth is also her way of marking you as hers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Spaing will help lessen the aggression, but it sounds more like you have a very dominate girl... get back to basics with her and make her work for everything. As others have said, get some one-on-one training and use the training tool 'Nothing In Life Is Free' -- google it --- she needs to know her place is not the lead, but you and your wife are.

Good luck and keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.