Brie behavior concern

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
You need to get full control over Brie... place her in a sit / stay. This is going to really work on you -- if she moves, stop what you are doing and put her back in a sit/stay. Then treat her for staying in place after you finish when you are doing... Nothing in Life is Free (google) it is a great tool to teach pack leadership and make her work for what she wants.

YUP. :yes:

Leadership rituals are called rituals because you never stop doing them.

In a dog pack, the pack leader is always reinforcing his/her leadership over the rest. These rituals build and deepen your relationship with your dog also.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
YUP. :yes:

Leadership rituals are called rituals because you never stop doing them.

In a dog pack, the pack leader is always reinforcing his/her leadership over the rest. These rituals build and deepen your relationship with your dog also.

Couldnt agree w you more! And to prove it works, when he had her surges, I stopped ...she became more domineering to the other dogs etc. now that she has recovered and I'm Back to it w her, that behavior has lessened ..almost stopped but we still have work to do.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Good news! I guess the bottle bugged her enough, plus w me getting back into leader mode has helped. She will still start after them but when I say no, she stops and stands there or walks away - sort of- but i can get the leashes on them w no issue. Paws crossed I can keep it going!

WTG!!!:happydance:Paws and fingers crossed it keeps going good!

Members online

No members online now.