Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Fiona has house training down as she is now 15 months old. i got her when she was 6 months old and had to start house breaking her. My problem is that she stands in front of the the front door and if I don't see her, she does her thing right infront of the door. i can't put in a doggie door. If I see her, I let her out and she goes on our lawn and I still praise her and throw her a party. But if I am in the kitchen or the back room, she just stands there in front of the door until she can't hold it. She won't bark or anything. But she does bark and tries to talk to me, when she wants to play. I am frustrated. I do let her out and walk her 15 minutes after her breakfast and dinner.... Any suggestions will be so welcomed!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is gonna sound crazy, but it worked w/my Bella. I tied a bell on a string & placed it on the doorknob. When we would go potty I would ring the bell, and eventually Bella learned to paw at the bell when she needed to go. I had to use enough string so she could reach the bell. Good luck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hi I would suggest potty bells http://www.petco.com/product/117413...ime-Chimes-in-Black.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch . You can teach her to paw the bell when she wants to go out. That would be my best suggestion. If you have a rug by the front door and she has peed on it make sure to use something like Natures Miracle to clean or remove completely until she has learned to use the bells.

- - - Updated - - -

This is gonna sound crazy, but it worked w/my Bella. I tied a bell on a string & placed it on the doorknob. When we would go potty I would ring the bell, and eventually Bella learned to paw at the bell when she needed to go. I had to use enough string so she could reach the bell. Good luck...

LOL we must have been typing at the same time :D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi I would suggest potty bells http://www.petco.com/product/117413...ime-Chimes-in-Black.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch . You can teach her to paw the bell when she wants to go out. That would be my best suggestion. If you have a rug by the front door and she has peed on it make sure to use something like Natures Miracle to clean or remove completely until she has learned to use the bells.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL we must have been typing at the same time :D

Great minds think alike... Lol ; )

OP
Fionasmom

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Thank you so much. As soon as I finished reading your reply, I ordered the bell. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks so much.

OP
Fionasmom

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Thanks for your reply. I ordered a bell from Petco. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks....

OP
Fionasmom

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Thanks for your reply. I ordered a bell from Petco. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awesome! Yes let us know!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The bell is a great tool.... best of luck and keep us posted

Members online

No members online now.