Help Needed! I'm new, pup is new, we need advice pls!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
View attachment 51136
Found it! Here's Brutus today at the park!

Brutus is very Handsome!!! I had a Saint Bernard name Brutus when I was younger best dog I had ever had until my baby Sheldon (aka my Shelly Bean) Brutus didn't like men at all because he had been abused by men and if one made one of us yell they had a hole bunch of angry snarling hairy dog in their face because he would stand up on his hind legs he was every bit 6 foot standing like that and get in their face and show his teeth. I miss him and his muzzies!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
And make sure give him lots of praise, and even a treat when he goes outside :) He'll clue in!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I feel your pain! I'm also working on potty training our almost 9 week pup. She is doing really well (I think that was partially help from the breeder thank goodness) and has only had a couple of pee accidents in the apartment which was our fault for not getting our shoes on AS SOON as she was done eating/drinking and taking her out immediately. All I can add is if he is maybe having separation anxiety when you leave, try putting on some nice calming music or if you have DirecTv they have DogTV now!! Which is just relaxing music and pictures all day long. We are trying that with June when we leave for work in the mornings to help distract her. She has also been able to hold it all night so hopefully that lasts. Good luck from a new bully parent :)

OP
M

mommaofbrutus

Aug 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Hi all!

It's been a few days since, so here's the update! I took the pee pad out of the crate and since then he has only had an accident in his crate when he is left alone. I suspect separation anxiety from both him and I. I have to remind myself that if he has been walked and has toys in his crate, I should rest assured to just let him bark it out. His barks have elevated to a howl-like whine, non-stop. I tried to clap or shush him from a distance and when I do show up after a moment of quiet I don't acknowledge him. Any tips on easing into longer hours of him being independent in his crate without him freaking out and peeing and consequently sitting in it, which incites a whole cleaning episode that I'd like to avoid...

As much as I'd love to be by his side all day, unfortunately there will be times I simply cannot.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.