alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
How does it seem to be going? Is the pack starting to come together?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376689781.353101.jpg
Things are going better! This is a (dark) picture from the other night my bf took of them while I was gone. She was comfortable enough to jump up on the couch with him and hang out!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
YAY!!! Progress!!! So happy for y'all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelheart::bravo:Yeah. Aww so cute, so glad it's working out, and she's wares up to him, they'll be best buddies I'm sure.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]... can you confirm this for me.... but, I am thinking he needs to ignore her and let her come to him. He can feed her, place the food in bowl and put it on the floor for her, but if her fear is this intense, I think she needs to know he is not a danger and go to him.

I agree one thousand percent. The BF should basically IGNORE HER like he's not even there. NO eye contact. No direct approach. While participating in her care, walks, food, water, etc. Calm, soft energy from him - non threatening. Don't pity her. That weak energy will feed her fears.

And that food thing? He should give her high value treats - like Peanut Butter on a spoon or lunch meat -- but sit sideways from her -- not direct on --- and let her come TO HIM.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ya [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] that advice is great! Have him take extra time with her. Like sit down in the floor and hand feed her. Buy very high value treats that only he gives her. It will take time! Hope everything works out :)

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
You are in the same boat as I am. I adopted a bully about a week ago and they had said she doesn't like big guys or guys that look intimidating. Well, my dad is quite a big guy, and my step dad isn't as big but has black hair and the black mustache so he looks pretty intimidating - even people have told me that, lol. Brynn is for sure girls dog and has been for most of her life I was told. I have not a clue what happened to her that she is scared of guys, but if they come in the house or come at her she will sit and bark and growl and bark and run to find a bone to anxiously chew on and then come find me. I have noticed by telling guys to please ignore her as she feels threatened when they come right up to her that she will come around. Well, my step dad decided that he would get to her level and try to let her sniff his hand and pet her - no way! She wasn't having that. I said again, ignore her - this is her house and she's wondering why you keep coming in and out of her house. My dad stopped by to see her and she did the same thing... :/ Then my grandpa unexpectedly showed up and she barked at him, but he ignored her completely and she began to go closer to him and sniff his legs and then decided it would be alright to sniff his hand. She flinches when anyone but me raises their hand to pet her head... so I am not sure what happened there, but I can tell she gets iffy. After I had my grandpa just ignore her and not even say a word to her he was able to pet her, until he leaned down to talk to her and she didn't like the fact he was near her face so she backed up and started barking again. So, we are still working on things. But I learned to she is much more willing to go around males if they almost pretend she's not there. Poor girls :(

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You are in the same boat as I am. I adopted a bully about a week ago and they had said she doesn't like big guys or guys that look intimidating. Well, my dad is quite a big guy, and my step dad isn't as big but has black hair and the black mustache so he looks pretty intimidating - even people have told me that, lol. Brynn is for sure girls dog and has been for most of her life I was told. I have not a clue what happened to her that she is scared of guys, but if they come in the house or come at her she will sit and bark and growl and bark and run to find a bone to anxiously chew on and then come find me. I have noticed by telling guys to please ignore her as she feels threatened when they come right up to her that she will come around. Well, my step dad decided that he would get to her level and try to let her sniff his hand and pet her - no way! She wasn't having that. I said again, ignore her - this is her house and she's wondering why you keep coming in and out of her house. My dad stopped by to see her and she did the same thing... :/ Then my grandpa unexpectedly showed up and she barked at him, but he ignored her completely and she began to go closer to him and sniff his legs and then decided it would be alright to sniff his hand. She flinches when anyone but me raises their hand to pet her head... so I am not sure what happened there, but I can tell she gets iffy. After I had my grandpa just ignore her and not even say a word to her he was able to pet her, until he leaned down to talk to her and she didn't like the fact he was near her face so she backed up and started barking again. So, we are still working on things. But I learned to she is much more willing to go around males if they almost pretend she's not there. Poor girls :(

Awe bless her heart it just breaks my heart I'm glad the fellas are patient though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Awe bless her heart it just breaks my heart I'm glad the fellas are patient though

Weirdest thing happened last night though - my friend Dan came over and Brynnlee barked at him once then right away as I said just ignore her for awhile let her come to you, she went up to him licked his hand and then let him pet her. He doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating as my step dad - she still just does not like him. :/

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Weirdest thing happened last night though - my friend Dan came over and Brynnlee barked at him once then right away as I said just ignore her for awhile let her come to you, she went up to him licked his hand and then let him pet her. He doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating as my step dad - she still just does not like him. :/

Its just probably moves too fast it could be almost anything

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
UPDATE! My boyfriend came over today and she walked over and sat at his feet and has been there for a long time sniffing and licking him for a scratch.
u5yjagyn.jpg

Members online

No members online now.