Peeing on the couch

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I have reviewed some of the other posts about suddenly peeing on furniture and I plan on keeping him off of the furniture and continuing with training until he can be trusted again. My question is, is this happening because of a dominance thing or would it have anything to do with the fact that we recently moved the couch to stop Rumble from running from one end of the couch and jumping over to the love seat? We moved the couch far enough away so he could no longer do that and now he is peeing on it. I'm wondering if it is moved back if he will stop or if it will continue? Should I move it back?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How old is he? If he's past the "teen" years..around 6-8 months, then it could be his way of acting out over the move. I wouldn't move it back though..that's like rewarding his bad behavior. You need to keep him off ...I'm sure it's a temporary thing..if he has never done it before! The teen time ..they often need a refresher course in housebreaking..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] she gave some good advice.

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
I agree Harley did the same thing, he stopped around 15 mos. He'd bee laying on the couch with me, I'd get up leave the room, come back, and sure enough, he had made pee pee! Every single Time!!!!! All of a sudden, he just stopped, just like that !!! I called it revenge pee...and i just said "what did u do?" Like i said, he stopped and is now allowed out of crate early in morn. goes outside pee and comes in, jumps on the couch and sleeps another 2 hours then breakfast and out again! Another thing the cues he gives are a lot better..to go out or eat...when their younger atleast in Harleys case, he was crazy all the time we didn't know what he wanted or was playing ??? He's 17mos. now and really listens most of the time, LOL. I also started him at Petsmart for obedience class. I started him around 10 weeks and it really paid off. Good luck and your patience will be paid back 10 fold!! keep us updated!!

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
How old is he? If he's past the "teen" years..around 6-8 months, then it could be his way of acting out over the move. I wouldn't move it back though..that's like rewarding his bad behavior. You need to keep him off ...I'm sure it's a temporary thing..if he has never done it before! The teen time ..they often need a refresher course in housebreaking..

He just turned 10 months. He has never done anything like this before! We have been going to training classes since he was 10 weeks old and potty training was never one of our problems. We have used cleaner and am keeping him off of it. When will I know he is okay to be on the couch again?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

LOL I'm no expert on pee things!

I do agree with what Becky says. Restrict access to the trouble spot until the dog has again earned access. Clean the couch VERY WELL too. An old pee spot is an invitation.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He just turned 10 months. He has never done anything like this before! We have been going to training classes since he was 10 weeks old and potty training was never one of our problems. We have used cleaner and am keeping him off of it. When will I know he is okay to be on the couch again?

I think ..if he's physically healthy, this is an acting out thing. You can try letting him up on the sofa..with you! Do NOT let him him access to it by himself. If you see him smelling or acting like he might pee, get him down and outside immediately! I would then put him on a leash in the house and watch him like a hawk. Refresher course in house breaking.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL I'm no expert on pee things!

I do agree with what Becky says. Restrict access to the trouble spot until the dog has again earned access. Clean the couch VERY WELL too. An old pee spot is an invitation.

LOL I was gonna say.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.