only poops on a leash

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
Ok...Ernie is giving me a run for my money. I am getting used to the stubbornness and can handle that(most of the time) but now he has decided that he will never ever ever never go :poo: in our yard anymore. He was usually good for 2-3 a day at pretty specific times(so I know when has to go). Now it is leash or nothing. I clip on the leash, walk him down the driveway and he will either poop on my neighbors yard or the side of mine. while I am grateful this is not in my house...I would love for him to poop in my yard as it makes it much easier for my kids and sitters when I am not home. He always got tons of praise and treats for pooping in yard.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I'm of no help here..not sure how to train them to go in a specific spot..but I did want to say good job Ernie for going outside and being good on the leash!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not much help here but I would just go with it and slowly start moving him back towards your yard to do his business. We have the opposite situation for us. Harlea will barely go pee when she is on a leash and definitely will not :poo: until she is allowed to free roam and pick her spot.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I wonder if you can pick up her poo n place it in the area you want her to go in? Maybe having her scent there will help lead her there next time? Brie is really good about going potty on or off the leash. She pees wherever, but she likes to go poo on the pine straw which is on the perimeter of the grass

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm of no help on this either... I have yet to see Mr. Winston :poo: on a leash yet!!! He has to find his own spot in our yard... LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: did something scare or freak him out while he was back there?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.