She's a statue

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I realize that bulldogs are notoriously lazy. But I've seen MANY exceptions to that. Maggie never plays with any toys, has zero interest in treats. She won't work for them at all. Her hobbies include licking my feet and snoring. She has zero interest in other dogs, no aggression she just doesn't care. But she goes BONKERS over other bulldogs. Not sure how she knows the difference. I just wanna make sure she's happy. She seems content but she just doesn't do anything.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I realize that bulldogs are notoriously lazy. But I've seen MANY exceptions to that. Maggie never plays with any toys, has zero interest in treats. She won't work for them at all. Her hobbies include licking my feet and snoring. She has zero interest in other dogs, no aggression she just doesn't care. But she goes BONKERS over other bulldogs. Not sure how she knows the difference. I just wanna make sure she's happy. She seems content but she just doesn't do anything.

Is she eating, drinking and pooping? It is a good sign that she does have moments of going bonkers. Are you guys still going to the park? Some bullies like frozen green beans, fruit, cheese, peanut butter as snacks. It sounds like she has been through a lot in her short life. I bet she will come around with your love and care.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Is she eating, drinking and pooping? It is a good sign that she does have moments of going bonkers. Are you guys still going to the park? Some bullies like frozen green beans, fruit, cheese, peanut butter as snacks. It sounds like she has been through a lot in her short life. I bet she will come around with your love and care.

Yes she eats and goes out regularly! Like i said she seems content. I just imagine she must be so bored never moving! But it doesn't seem like she wants to

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
After having that many litters in that short a life I would just want to lay there to. It sounds like the last people who had her didn't care for her. It may be a relief to her to be with you with out the infected tooth, having to be pregnant, fleas and ticks etc. Thanks for saving her from that life.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It amazes me how much theyz
enjoy their breed. You have a Bulldog that ALOT of people on here would Love to have.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh yeah, my boxer would go nuts over other boxers! Mona, however, doesn't really do much at all, just sleeps on the couch, as many here already know, LOL.
Roll tide?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How long have you had her? And do you know anything about where she came from?
HRH used to be a lot like you describe when we got her as a 3 1/2 year old retired breeder. And she also has a lot of fears. Sudden loud noises, storms, wind, to name a few.
I did get her interested in playing with toys after repeatedly offering squeaking ones and talking in an excited tone in the process. She will destroy a squeaky toy in 5 minutes flat, or less now a days and chews for hours on hard rubber nylabones and the like. I encouraged them because we didn't want to have to have her teeth cleaned by the vet on a regular basis and we don't have to as long as she chews a lot.

She has always mostly ignored other dogs too, including bully's (although she seems visibly more comfortable around other bully's than when we are at a dog function with a lot of other dogs.

Getting Amelia has changed that a bit already. They do play and Gracie even instigates the play sometimes. But there are also times she makes it clear that she's had enough and Amy backs right down too.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
How long have you had her? And do you know anything about where she came from?
HRH used to be a lot like you describe when we got her as a 3 1/2 year old retired breeder. And she also has a lot of fears. Sudden loud noises, storms, wind, to name a few.
I did get her interested in playing with toys after repeatedly offering squeaking ones and talking in an excited tone in the process. She will destroy a squeaky toy in 5 minutes flat, or less now a days and chews for hours on hard rubber nylabones and the like. I encouraged them because we didn't want to have to have her teeth cleaned by the vet on a regular basis and we don't have to as long as she chews a lot.

She has always mostly ignored other dogs too, including bully's (although she seems visibly more comfortable around other bully's than when we are at a dog function with a lot of other dogs.

Getting Amelia has changed that a bit already. They do play and Gracie even instigates the play sometimes. But there are also times she makes it clear that she's had enough and Amy backs right down too.

Maybe I'll try that. She's exactly how you described yours. Scared of noises, storms, wind, etc. she's chewed on a rope once but that's it. I have four perfectly good ropes for her. But she doesn't want them!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She may just need more time to settle in.... she will open up in time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.