Aggression !!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Aggression is not the problem -- it's a symptom of a problem. If there is nothing medically wrong with this dog (have that thyroid test done - seriously - and get him neutered - both two things that will help your cause), you have a long way toward rehabilitation with his fear / confidence issues. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is right; you can't fear your own dog. He needs a pack leader to get better and you have to be it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7348]Bully ernie[/MENTION] -- you need a new vet and a new trainer -- this is issue fixable with time and patient. We are you located, may be we can help find or direct you to a good bully vet?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm throwing my 2 cents in the ring, great tactics I would like to tag, #1 feed by hand, FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES
#2 MAKE HIM EARN HIS FOOD, SIT, LAY, PAW
#3 GET HIM FIXED
#4 GET A MUZZLE FOR THE NEXT VET APPT. ( I need one for Jack, it's called panic aggression )
#5 USE "RESCUE REMEDY"

you may not solve every episode 100%, and you may have to put him in another room when company comes calling, but everyone living under your roof should feel safe with him.

I have this type of dog, he weighs 100 pounds of muscle, we love him very much, he isn't going anywhere, he's going on 9 years old, I got him when he was 13 weeks old, he was abused, he never forgot the fear of people, we were fired by a Dr. of canine psychology, phhsss tttt he took our 1000's of dollars and told us to get rid of our dog that no one could help us. He would lay down and not move, hump the trainer and wouldn't take steak from him.
Jack bit my finger the other day when I wouldn't stop putting medicine on his foot, he didn't like it, he warned me and I didn't stop. No puncture just a bruise, my point is you have gotten some good advice from peeps here. Get a thyroid test done and have him neutered. But get yourself a good muzzle just in case, and your next vet may appreciate it

029.jpg029.jpg035.jpg

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm throwing my 2 cents in the ring, great tactics I would like to tag, #1 feed by hand, FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES
#2 MAKE HIM EARN HIS FOOD, SIT, LAY, PAW
#3 GET HIM FIXED
#4 GET A MUZZLE FOR THE NEXT VET APPT. ( I need one for Jack, it's called panic aggression )
#5 USE "RESCUE REMEDY"

you may not solve every episode 100%, and you may have to put him in another room when company comes calling, but everyone living under your roof should feel safe with him.

I have this type of dog, he weighs 100 pounds of muscle, we love him very much, he isn't going anywhere, he's going on 9 years old, I got him when he was 13 weeks old, he was abused, he never forgot the fear of people, we were fired by a Dr. of canine psychology, phhsss tttt he took our 1000's of dollars and told us to get rid of our dog that no one could help us. He would lay down and not move, hump the trainer and wouldn't take steak from him.
Jack bit my finger the other day when I wouldn't stop putting medicine on his foot, he didn't like it, he warned me and I didn't stop. No puncture just a bruise, my point is you have gotten some good advice from peeps here. Get a thyroid test done and have him neutered. But get yourself a good muzzle just in case, and your next vet may appreciate it

View attachment 49717View attachment 49718View attachment 49719

What is the "Rescue Remedy" Becky? Sheldon does the panic thing but he doesn't bite he lips but he doesn't actually bite he does get mouthy and he does tell me no and I argue with him. He doesn't like his dew claws trimmed.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's a herbal stress reducer with chamomile and some other type of flower in it, sold in health food stores. isn't cheap either. like 30 bucks for a small little bottle, only need 4 drops though, I use during stressful times, fireworks and vet visits and such

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.