AGGRESSIVE

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
i need some advice, Rebel has gotten pretty agressive lately, its only when hes playing but he bites alot and it hurts, maybe im just noticing it more because hes getting so big, will he grow out of it? what do i do?

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
First thing can I say how cute Rebel is :heart: It sounds like he might not have learned to inhibit his biting when playing. As puppies they learn to control their biting by either correction from litter mates, another dog or the owner. Use a stern voice when he bites to hard or loud yelp, you can also spray with a water bottle or a can with coins and shake when he gets to aggressive in play. It should startle him and break his bite/ play long enough for you to correct him. Another thing you can do is put him in time out/ crate when he gets to mouthy or rough. Its tough but eventually they do get it. It takes patience :)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I don't remember how old he is but yes if you correct him when he is nipping in an unacceptable way he will slow it down and eventually as he gets older basically quit. Ace is 9 months old and has for the most part quit the nipping on us. He still on occasion likes to nibble on the fingers a little almost like gumming and not uncomfortably. I think at those times its just a sign of affection and a desire to be touched and handled. So yes given the right amount of correction it should diminish as he gets older

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not much more I can add that [MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] hasn't already stated. Be persistent and consistent. We are going through the same thing with Harlea so I know your pain.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Going through it a bit w Brie as well. I think the advice given so far is spot on. It is what we have been doing. It will just take time and lots of patience

Miss Snuffles Mom

Jun 24, 2013
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Snuffles
I am going through this with Snuffles as well. She gets very upset when I go on the computer. She will come and sit beside me and talk to me then she puts her front legs up on me scratching me and opening her mouth on my arms. She only does this with me. Snuffles is a rescue so I'm not sure if this has something to do with her behavior. She doesn't do this with my husband or daughter, just me.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
i was talking with my husband last night and watched how Rebel was acting i think he just mouths us, its not a vicious bite, it just seems like that because alot of time he will run full force from the other side of the room, jump on the couch and grab my hand and with him being almost 50 lbs it hurts, i will keep working on it, thanks for all the advice guys

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Lol so many of us in the same boat. But If hes anything like Daisy time out means nothing...lol She gets put into time out quite often and that lil booger will be out 5 mins and start that crap again! But everything mentioned is exactly what you should be doing... Lets hope all of our fur babies grow out of it... ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
good advice.... correct, redirect and be consistent! good luck

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online