Professional Training?

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
I hope I don't get flamed for asking this as a newbie, but has anyone used professional training services such as Man's Best Friend to train a new pup?
Or do people typically prefer to train themselves?
I have always trained my past dogs myself, but thought now that I am older and finances are much better than when I was younger it might be worth checking out to get top notch training? I've seen mixed reviews when doing random internet research.
Any thoughts or experiences?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
First of all.......

:evilplan:

How dare you ask such a question. Shame. :tease:

Only kidding!!! Don't EVER worry about asking questions here, there is no flaming on this site and everyone is to be respectful. :up:

I always recommend training, even just a little obedience class at your local Petsmart goes a long way. Plus it's just plain fun and great bonding time ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Never heard of that one specifically but any training can only be a good thing I would think. (Although mine are only trained by me, using the term loosely) :rofl: welcome to EBN!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I got Bea three years ago, we went to three puppy classes in a row! It was fun! We also learned a lot. I'd suggest going to find a great puppy class and if you like the trainer, stay on for more classes. When Bo came along, I just kept up what I'd learned in the three previous classes at home.

Positive reinforcement only, of course. The puppy classes we attended mirrored the core values of Cesar Millan and for me, that was important. I am the pack leader here and I have two pretty darn good dogs because of it. They are fulfilled as canines and have no need to demonstrate negative behaviors. :heart:

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
:) Thank you for the virtual fake flame desertskybulldogs! You never know what people get crazy about, so I wanted to "proceed with caution." hah

I am excited to hear that people enjoy professional training. I'm anxious to see if it makes a difference from what I am used to doing.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
There aren't any trainers here so everything Sheldon does was taught to him by me but I just used my instincts with him and did what felt right, but I read on here a lot of people use professional trainers. WELCOME to EBN!! The one thing I absolutely love love love is everyone is respectful loving and fun because after all we all want the best for our bully babies so the Mod's make sure that everything stays this way although quite honestly I have never read a cross word on here!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Well, after poking around on every site I could find, I think we are about to get an in home consult with a place called Karma Dog Training. They do in home training where they can either basically live with you during the training, or spend 8 hours a day in your house with you and the pup. I thought that sounded awesome. That way we both get to learn in our own environment. Plus I get to see everything that happens, and there is no risk of her catching something. I'll report on how the consult goes. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, after poking around on every site I could find, I think we are about to get an in home consult with a place called Karma Dog Training. They do in home training where they can either basically live with you during the training, or spend 8 hours a day in your house with you and the pup. I thought that sounded awesome. That way we both get to learn in our own environment. Plus I get to see everything that happens, and there is no risk of her catching something. I'll report on how the consult goes. :)

Best of luck... please do keep us posted

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

That sounds great, let us know!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

samantha2011

Jan 15, 2013
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
samantha and brodie
Training is a must with bullies, my 1st is really trained well, the 2nd is a working project (its a male, so that tells all), but invest a little money and your bully will love you for life

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.