Since our bullies are so stubborn... Do you think that obedience classes help?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I totally agree. When we first brought her home her 9yo ridgeback sister couldn't get enough of her and they would play and chase one another. Now our ridgeback wants to be left alone as she can only take the puppiness in spurts so we needed to get socialization somewhere else.
I'm starting to have issues w/my 2 dogs... I have Roxie who is a 9 year old boxer, and then we had Bella the Momma & Winston. Winston would drive Bella nuts, and now that Bella is gone he is going after Roxie. She puts up w/it for awhile, but I can tell that she gets tired of it. It's also heartbreaking... Winston used to snooze by his Momma & now wants to sleep w/Roxie. She's not interested, and I feel so bad for Winston :*(

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
We put Bella in basic puppy classes, and I have to tell you that she was the WORST behaved in the class!!! I was so embarrassed she would never do the commands in front of the instructor... BUT I will say it was totally worth it in the end. I can't tell you how many times I have had to use leave it or stay and she remembered it. One time I broke a glass all over the kitchen floor & the dogs ran in and I yelled STAY at the top of my lungs, and to my surprise she did it!!! I'm putting Winston in class next month... Good Luck :D

Thanks :) Our first class is Thursday night. I hope she learns something...lol This bully mama is going nuts...:p

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
Yes without a doubt obedience training helps. And as @Lisabear123 stated one that will work with you privately is even better if it can be arraigned. But obedience classes with other dogs would help too plus you have the benefit of your pet being socialized. Obedience classes and private lessons each have their pros and cons. But having your pet learn basic obedience is a plus.

I agree 1000% with the comment above!!!

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Ramsay just graduated his Kinderpuppy program tonight! He started at 12 weeks and in 6 weeks has really shown progress! I think that no matter how much you do in class, what is key is practice practice practice at home. The puppy classes just add the extra challenge of focusing on you in a distracting environment. It is great for socialization too!

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
We have two bully puppies and we've had no issues with training. They have both responded greatly to positive training methods using the clicker and treats.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.