Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since our bullies are so stubborn... Do you think that obedience classes help?

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Since our bullies are so stubborn... Do you think that obedience classes help?

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Well done. Socialization is key right now.
    I totally agree. When we first brought her home her 9yo ridgeback sister couldn't get enough of her and they would play and chase one another. Now our ridgeback wants to be left alone as she can only take the puppiness in spurts so we needed to get socialization somewhere else.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Since our bullies are so stubborn... Do you think that obedience classes help?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    I totally agree. When we first brought her home her 9yo ridgeback sister couldn't get enough of her and they would play and chase one another. Now our ridgeback wants to be left alone as she can only take the puppiness in spurts so we needed to get socialization somewhere else.
    IMHO your doing everything right. Lucky Little Bully has Has Great Smart parents!!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    IMHO your doing everything right. Lucky Little Bully has Has Great Smart parents!!
    Thank you. The education came from the wonderful people like you and others on this site. I thought I knew a lot before finding this place and I was definitely wrong and have learned so much.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I agree with this. Brutus loved his classes. He got to meet other dogs and it helped stop the lunging for toys he would do. He now knows that if he wants us to play with him, he has to leave his toy and sit down before we will touch it. If he isn't in the mood to listen we don't play fetch. This was really the only behavior we could not tolerate. Everything else the little bugger does is too cute. Also 10 minute time outs really work. He understands that he needs to chill when we tell him he is going to get a time out.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Thats really good that you got some progress! I love that brat dearly but she was in time out like all day yesterday. She would be good then go into spaz attacks and then run up and bite the sh*t out of me. Like WTF??????

- - - Updated - - -

OoOOh no... Kitty eating is not good! lol
    Sheldon had a kitty eating moment today just so happened said kitty got under one of the twins beds and taunted said naughty bully by growling and hissing making naughty bully bark...

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

We put Bella in basic puppy classes, and I have to tell you that she was the WORST behaved in the class!!! I was so embarrassed she would never do the commands in front of the instructor... BUT I will say it was totally worth it in the end. I can't tell you how many times I have had to use leave it or stay and she remembered it. One time I broke a glass all over the kitchen floor & the dogs ran in and I yelled STAY at the top of my lungs, and to my surprise she did it!!! I'm putting Winston in class next month... Good Luck

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    I'm starting to have issues w/my 2 dogs... I have Roxie who is a 9 year old boxer, and then we had Bella the Momma & Winston. Winston would drive Bella nuts, and now that Bella is gone he is going after Roxie. She puts up w/it for awhile, but I can tell that she gets tired of it. It's also heartbreaking... Winston used to snooze by his Momma & now wants to sleep w/Roxie. She's not interested, and I feel so bad for Winston

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    We put Bella in basic puppy classes, and I have to tell you that she was the WORST behaved in the class!!! I was so embarrassed she would never do the commands in front of the instructor... BUT I will say it was totally worth it in the end. I can't tell you how many times I have had to use leave it or stay and she remembered it. One time I broke a glass all over the kitchen floor & the dogs ran in and I yelled STAY at the top of my lungs, and to my surprise she did it!!! I'm putting Winston in class next month... Good Luck

Thanks Our first class is Thursday night. I hope she learns something...lol This bully mama is going nuts...

Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Brandi (RIP), Jackson (RIP),Ca$h (RIP), Miss Daisey, Sir Winford, Charlee, Darla, and Stuart
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    Yes without a doubt obedience training helps. And as @Lisabear123 stated one that will work with you privately is even better if it can be arraigned. But obedience classes with other dogs would help too plus you have the benefit of your pet being socialized. Obedience classes and private lessons each have their pros and cons. But having your pet learn basic obedience is a plus.

I agree 1000% with the comment above!!!

I kissed a Bulldog and I loved it.....there is nothing better in this world than a Senior Bulldog.

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ramsay
    Likes (Received)

Ramsay just graduated his Kinderpuppy program tonight! He started at 12 weeks and in 6 weeks has really shown progress! I think that no matter how much you do in class, what is key is practice practice practice at home. The puppy classes just add the extra challenge of focusing on you in a distracting environment. It is great for socialization too!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mickey and Minnie
    Likes (Received)

We have two bully puppies and we've had no issues with training. They have both responded greatly to positive training methods using the clicker and treats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads