Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Re: Help wanted

Believe me, help is on the way. You'll get lots of great info here. The biting...that's a bully puppy thing. They'll bite and chew for 18 to 24 months or so. Dudley was a major pain in the butt...he ripped through jeans and gave me bruises like you couldn't believe. I just kept handing him chew toys. Sounds lame, I know, but they do it because their little jaws are moving and growing. Hang on...the experts will be along shortly and give you lots of good information. It does stop...I promise!:D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Re: Help wanted

It is definately a puppy thing. All go through the shark attack phase. Be persistent with a firm NO when they are biting or chewing on things you don't want them to and if they are biting you a loud OW will work as well then immediately give them a toy to chew on to redirect their attention from your skin or the object they were chewing on. It is going to take a long time so don't give up and stick with the. Other thing to try are a can loaded with pennies to make a loud noise or a spray bottle of water to go along with the no.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Bruno?

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh its a lovely phase...lol I am still going through it. And will be for a long time..Have plenty of chew toys handy! Always redirect. ITS gonna be a constant battle. Daisy tries to eat every thing I wear. You should see my arms! And legs and thighs... The list goes on and on. lol Try not to get to mad. They kinda cant help it. I notice she does better when I have tired her out. Lots of playing outside and then give her a braided bully stick. Those take a few hours to chew up. Have plenty of water handy those make them thirsty. And antlers are great too! Hope that helps :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's NOT just a Bully pup thing! I'm helping my daughter train her 10 week old Shepherd pup...and he is horrible with the shark teeth too! :eek:

Redirect him..lots of different chew toys...what works for us is we keep him on a tether when out of the crate and it's very easy to give him a GENTLE warning when he's too rough..he's gotten better already. The growling is just puppy play!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.